fourteen . the week

WILBUR POV

WILBUR POV

          Tuesday

          Tuesday. James called me "chronically online" today, I honestly was to sad to care. I missed Y/N, I hadn't seen her in a day. It was practically torcher.

"Wilbur?" James taps the top of my head with the end of his pencil, I lift my head and look up at him. "You aren't replying to my insults" He points out.

"Y/N's missing" I blurt out my worry. He stares at me for a moment before rolling his eyes, I take offense.

"What do you mean?" He asks, only to not let me give an answer because he wants to complain. "It's only ever 'ooh, Y/N! James! James, oh please tell me your awesome flirting tactics because a little loser like me can't do it and your just sooo cool and handsome!'." He mocks my voice, I scowl at him.

"Not true!" I snap back. "She's special, James. She needs to be spoken about" I huff, leaning back into my chair.

"I'm special too! I'm your best friend! I'm fine with talking about her every once and a while but it's all you talk about!" He scoffs, pointing out something that was sorta true. I go to speak, to apologize, but he holds up a hand and stops me. "Let's just get back to work.." He mutters in a sour tone before disappearing behind the cubicle wall. I frown and stare at where he once stood, it's hard to not talk about something you love.

Wednesday. Jared slapped a hand on my back and whispered threatening words into my ear while I was walking into the building. "Stop talking to Y/N, every fucking second I try and hang out with her.. you're right behind her like a lost fucking dog.." He whisper-yells, gripping the back of my collar in his other hand.

I lean my face closer to his. "Shut up" I grin, he was taken aback at my stupid and childish response, but I could tell it angered him. "You're just mad cause she's just finding someone better to hang out with" I state the obvious. He laughs under his breath, leaning even closer to me, my breath has never touched someone else's.

"I'm all she needs you dick, you must be jealous of me, you probably wanna be me too" He let's me go, making sure to give me a tough shove when he does.