thirty one . the truth

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

         "Thank you for the help, Auntie" I set down the cardboard box with the label 'clothes'

         "Thank you for the help, Auntie" I set down the cardboard box with the label 'clothes'. I had to move (of course) after my whole living room was practically destroyed in my old flat. The only other place I knew that had open flats to move into was the place my Auntie lives in. I moved into room 202.

Auntie places the box she held next to the one I had just set down. "It's not a problem. Cardio-- remember?" She jokes.

"Now I just need to get Teddy from my.. my friends place" I take in a deep breath. Auntie places a hand on my shoulder and I turn my head to her.

"Don't worry, this boy actually came up to me the other day and gave me Teddy-- was he taking care of her for you?" She reassures me, making sure to add in a question at the end.

"Ah, yeah. His names Wilbur" I nod. "He was letting me stay at his place after my flat caught on fire" I tell her. The expression on her face told me she was bothered that I knew his name, maybe worried I knew him? I roll my eyes and move on, (of course hiding my eye roll from her). "But does that mean Teddy's in your flat?" I ask her.

Luckily, she moves on from the boy talk. "Yeah, she's safe. Don't worry" She pats my arm. "Do you want me to go get her now?"

The room goes quiet as she waits for my response, I hear banging, I look up at the noise coming from the ceiling, probably my upstairs neighbor. "Uh.. yeah, thanks again, Auntie" I turn back to her and smile. She smiles back and goes to leave but I stop her. "Can.. can I come with you actually? Like.. just upstairs?"

She looks at me a bit confused, but nods. "I don't mind"

She leads the way, when we make it to the third floor, I stare at Wil's front door, he was my upstairs neighbor. Of course he was. "I-I'm sorry" I speak up, Auntie looks back at me. "I changed my mind, can you bring Teddy back to my flat? I need to.. do something real quick" I look to the floor, my stance was apologetic.

"Don't worry, yes, go do what you need to do" She grabs my hand in reassurance, I lift my head and stare at her smiling face. "I'll go get Teddy" She let's go of my hand and goes to her flat without another word, she unlocks the door with her card and enters, shutting the door behind her. When she's out of sight, I immediately turn my head to Wilbur's door. I knock. No reply.