thirty . the evidence

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

            I sit on the gross, sticky, uncomfortable, metal bench in the police station

            I sit on the gross, sticky, uncomfortable, metal bench in the police station. I hug myself and press my back against the cold wall. Wilbur sits next to me, nervously picking at his nails. He lifts his head and looks down at me. "Are you cold--?"

"Don't" I stop him. He closes his mouth and looks in front of him, not knowing where else to stare. I haven't spoken to him since we found the body-- well, except for just now.

"Ma'am, is he breathing? Have you gotten him down?" The woman on the other line asked me.

I hyperventilate, gripping my phone in one hand and gripping my hair in the other. I glance back at Jared's body before quickly looking back to the floor. "I-I don't know! No? Of course he isn't! He's--" I stop myself, swallowing back my words. "I need help! You're cops, do you jobs, help me!" I shout into the phone, Wilbur sits at the foot of the stairs, just watching me.

A door opens and me and Wilbur both lift our heads, looking at the policeman walking over to us. It was Jack. "Y/N L/N?" He asks, glancing at me. I nod. "Come with me" He tilts his head towards the door he came through, I stand, Wilbur copies. "Woah, woah, woah. You stay right there, mate. Did I say your name? No. Sit back down" He shakes his head, Wilbur mutters something and sits back down.

I follow Jack (maybe I should be calling him Officer Jack) through the door, he leads me to a room, it was one of those rooms you see in the cop movies, the wooden table with two chairs across from each other, and then that obviously fake whiteboard. "So, he didn't make it.. did he?" I speak up, sitting down in the metal foldout chair.

"No" He bluntly replies. "Ma'am I'm gonna need to know why you were in this man's house in the first place" He sits down in the chair across from me, grabbing the vanilla folder that lied on the table.

"He wasn't answering my texts so me and Wilbur (the guy out there) went to his place. He was my best friend, before.. well, am I supposed to tell you everything?" I lean a bit closer, Jack looks up from the folder and stares at me for a moment.