twenty four . the weakness

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

            I grip the steering wheel of my car tightly in my hands, I sat in the parking lot of the office

            I grip the steering wheel of my car tightly in my hands, I sat in the parking lot of the office. It was Monday, the windows in the office were quickly replaced and the rooms were deep cleaned, we also apparently had a new boss. I was terrified, not to meet my new boss, but to see Jared. I still haven't replied to his voicemail. I close my eyes, taking a deep breath and trying to calm myself down.

There's a knock on the window closest to me and I quickly jump back, seeing Wilbur smiling and waving. I roll down my window and he pokes his head in. "Hey Y/N, what's up?" He asks, looking around my car.

"Nothing much, just getting ready to go into the building" I reply with a shrug, shutting off my car. He puckers his lips and nods, backing up so I can get out of the car.

I open the door and get out, slamming it shut and then locking my car. "With breathing exercises?" He furrows his eyebrows. We begin to walk to the office together.

I think for a moment. "You've met Jared right?" I glance at him before looking back in front of me.

"Of course I've met Jared" He scoffs slightly. "Well, he sorta met me first" he adds.

"Well, he.." I pause, god, what the fuck is with the people I surround myself with? "He kissed me"

"Oh.." He's trails off. "Did-- are you guys dating now?"

"No, it was right after the Danny situation, he just went up to me and kissed me! I pushed him back, he got mad and left.. we haven't talked since" I quickly explain.

"Ah," Wilbur hums. "Sorry, we're bad people.. most people are bad people here.." He mutters.

"I know" I roll my eyes. "But I'm scared to see him again.. we have our office spaces right fucking next to each other!" I exclaim, puffing out a breath full of annoyance. "What am I supposed to say?!"

"Say.. uh, leave me alone? Yeah?" Wilbur points a finger in the air. He surely doesn't understand women.

"No," I pinch the bridge of my nose. "That won't do anything-- why would you think that would do anything?" I hold my hand out, my palm facing upwards.