fifteen . the girlfriend

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

          I wake up to the noise of a reporter, the robotic tone of their voice telling me it was the news

          I wake up to the noise of a reporter, the robotic tone of their voice telling me it was the news. Though it wasn't Kathleen Davies so I wasn't freaking out. I sleepily open my eyes and lift my head, seeing I wasn't at my place, the memory of walking home with Wilbur reminded me of where I was. I see him sitting on the other end of the couch eating a bowl of ramen and watching the news, he hadn't noticed my movements, to distracted by the TV to do so.

I glance at the TV when the reporter starts speaking about a murder case. "The man's name is unknown, but bystanders say that they overheard him threatening the victim in an alley before he ran. It's also unknown how he had gotten the gun he used to murder the thirty year old, Thomas Jones. But we are aware the murderer is American, so the airport is being searched to see if he's going back to America" She rambles into her microphone, glancing back at the police tape behind her. "What's even stranger about this case, is that this same thing happened in New York back in 1999--"

"What's this lady talking about?" I drop my head into the couch cushion and rub my eyes, I hear Wilbur quietly gasp at the sound of my voice, I had probably scared him.

"Oh, uhm.." He turns the volume of the TV down. "Someone died last night" He replies, I sit up and stretch. "Pretty scary.." He takes a bite of food.

"Yep" I hum. "What time is it?" I ask, looking out the window to see if it was still raining as hard as it was last night, I was surprised to see sunshine.

"Nine in the morning-- I didn't wanna wake you, was that bad?" He peaks at me before setting his bowl of food down on the coffee table.

"Uh, no. It's fine. Just.. why are you eating ramen at nine in the morning?" I look at him confused, a smile grows on his face and I start laughing, causing him to laugh as well.

"I was just hungry, you want something?" He stands up. "I've got cereal.. uh, somewhere?" He chuckles, picking up his bowl and walking to the kitchen.

I take the blanket off me and get up, following him to the kitchen. "Actually, do you wanna go to the café across the office?" I peak around the wall and see him placing the bowl in the sink. "I went there once with a friend. The sandwiches are good" I comment.