three . the smile

WILBUR POV

WILBUR POV

         "Here" Y/N holds out a pencil, my eyes trail up her arm and stare into her eyes, I lick my lips (nervousness) and smile at her, my hands grabbing the pencil from her, purposefully touching her hand, it was obvious I did it on purpose

"Here" Y/N holds out a pencil, my eyes trail up her arm and stare into her eyes, I lick my lips (nervousness) and smile at her, my hands grabbing the pencil from her, purposefully touching her hand, it was obvious I did it on purpose. "I know it seems kinda stupid, but when I borrowed your pencil the red paint chipped and I felt bad so I bought you a new one-- oh, and if you really liked that pencil.." she sticks her hand in her pocket, taking out my (weapon) pencil. "I still have it.. here you go" she holds out another pencil, the one I used to stab that guy that tried to grab her one time when she was walking home from a bar with Jared.

My hand slides over the man's neck, I drag him into the alley before plunging the pencil into the front of his neck, I tear it out and hear his muffled screaming, I was scared the two I was watching would hear. So I drop the man and continue stabbing him until the tip of the pencil snaps. "What's wrong?" Jared's faint voice asks the girl I've been watching.

"Nothing.. I just.. thought I heard something is all" she replies. The man's screaming ceases, I rip the pencil out of his neck once more, blood spraying onto my face and clothes. I close my eyes and try to wipe the blood off my face, only smearing it. I look at the pencil in my hand, coating my fingers in more blood the more I held it.

"Thank you" I take the second pencil. "I-It is.. really important to me actually.." I clutch the red pencil in my hand. "So, thank you"

Y/N nods and smiles at me. I want to hold her hand, she's beautiful, and no, that's not why I fell in love with her. The first time I met her was on her stream. What got me attached was her laughter, I just wanted to find a stream to watch while I got ready for bed but I ended up only admiring her, even after I had ended up lying down in bed. Four years later and I know almost everything about her. "No problem, Wilbur" she grabs her hands and holds them at her waist. "Well, I'll see you around" she salutes me and walks to the elevator.