twenty six . the kiss

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

           He slowly strummed his guitar as I rested my head against his arm, sleep was tugging at my eyelids but I really did want to keep listening to his music

           He slowly strummed his guitar as I rested my head against his arm, sleep was tugging at my eyelids but I really did want to keep listening to his music. He quietly hummed words to the sound, I didn't recognize it so maybe it was his own tune. I take in a deep breath and close my eyes, the sound slowly stops and he wraps around my shoulder like he did the first time I came over to his flat during that big storm, when he was embarrassed to ask me to stay and watch a movie, when he got me a big blanket when I said I was cold. When he made me feel warm.

My mind has cautiously made the decision that maybe I don't like him as a friend, because friends don't care what the other looks like, but us? I can't help but admire him, I can't help but check myself in the mirror three times before I leave when I know I'm gonna see him, I can't help but wish he'd compliment my looks. Friends hearts don't beat faster when the other places a hand on them. I want him to hold me, to hug me, to whisper a sleep filled laugh in my ear in the early morning or late night. I feel as if I'd cry if I never saw him again, and if he disappeared I'd search the world before anything else. A simple arm being wrapped around me has told me I'm in a love with him.

He told me when I was ready.

I open my eyes and lift my head from his arm. I grab his jaw with my hand, placing my other hand on top of his curly hair and turning his head to me, before I could back out I quickly kissed his lips then let go of him and turned back to the (shut off) TV. I could feel his stare out of the corner of my eye, I saw him turn to what I was staring at with a dumbfounded expression. "Did.. did you mean to do that?" He asks, his voice quiet.

"Yeah" I bluntly reply.

We both turn our faces back to each other, I stare into his eyes as he does mine. His face emotionless, his lips pressed together. He hesitantly and slowly lifts his hand, lifting it to the height of my face and placing it on my cheekbone, his fingers under my ear. The whole time his face stays with the same look, like he was making sure I wasn't uncomfortable. He didn't break eye contact with me as he brought his face closer to mine, as if he was waiting for me to back away from him because he thought the last kiss was a dare and there were cameras rolling. Once there was only minimal space between our lips, he cautiously looks away from my eyes and stares at my lips for a moment before returning his gaze to my own. "Then does that mean you wouldn't mind if it happened again? If I did it? Kissed you..?" He whispers against my breath. I swallow and shake my head (agreeing to what he said), muttering out a small no. He didn't say anything else, he just brought his face closer and kissed me, closing his eyes and tilting his head as he pulled my face closer with his hand. I place my hand on his and close my eyes, placing my other hand on his collarbone as his other hand grabs the other side of my lovestruck face. His hand slides to the back of my head as he pulls his face away, going back and kissing my lips once more before the both of us open our eyes and just stare at each other. "You taste sweet.." He comments in a hushed tone, his lips still a bit close to mine. "An addictive sweet.." He adds. He tilts his head again, giving me one more small kiss.