Chapter 4

"I am gonna get diabetes."

I love sweet food but this sweetness is just on another level.

"Roman," Silas, the second oldest Rossi brother, started slowly as he placed his fork down. "Hai cambiato di nuovo il barattolo di sale e zucchero?"
(Did you change the salt and sugar jar again?"

Zucchero means sugar.

Don't even ask how I know that.

Okay. Fine. Jox loves zucchero so much that I learned it in every language so I can talk shit about how he loves sugar in front of his face without him knowing.

He always thought I was just babbling about random people I met on the streets.

So these people are Italian huh.

Who am I kidding, they live in Italy.

How am I so dumb?

Roman looked back at Silas with huge innocent eyes that made me actually believe his innocence. "No! Of course not. Why would you accuse me?"

"Rowan?" Silas questioned calmly.

"I didn't do anything!" Rowan- the other twin who looked exactly like Roman- frowned. "I'm innocent for once!"

All eyes turned towards me.

Wait. Not me.

They were looking at Maxwell who was sitting next to me.

"Maxw-"

"I just came home!" Maxwell pouted, putting his hands to his heart dramatically. "How can you accuse my poor little soul?"

Stefano sighed defeatedly and Silas looked so done with his brothers. Solace just ate peacefully, not bothering how sweet the dinner was.

"I know how to find the criminal." I said brightly, lightening up the slight tense mood in the dining room.

I've watched this on pinterest once. I think it's pretty helpful.

"Okay." I cleared my throat and all of my foster brothers looked at me.

I looked them in the eye one by one. I feel like an actual cop right now.

Jox would be proud.

"Criminals say what." I muttered under my breath.

"What?" Rowan and Roman said at the same time, confused.

I hit the table happily. "Guilty. Guilty of charge!" I announced, pointing at the twin. "Criminal found!"

I think Maxwell was the only one who heard what I said because he started laughing uncontrollably.

"Row, Rom. You're doing the dishes for the next two weeks." Stefano told them, leaving no room for argument.

The twins narrowed their eyes at me playfully. "I see we have a detective in our home." Rowan voiced. "You better watch out."

My eyes widened at his 'threat'.

"Rowan, don't bully Delilah." Stefano narrowed his eyes. "If you think to-"

Rowan gave his oldest brother an easy-going smile. "What brother would I be if I didn't annoy and bully my sister?"

"That's what you get for having a bunch of brothers." Roman chuckled.

I always thought about having siblings. I would bully them instead.

Let's just see how the tables will turn.

"Don't worry, sorellina." Maxwell said, resting an arm on the neck of my chair. "I'll protect you from them bullies."