Chapter 36

Lennox POV

"You know, when you said that we're going raiding, I didn't expect us to actually raid a building."

Solace scoffed as he walked beside me along the empty corridors of the building.

"What did you expect?"

We stepped over the couple of dead bodies as we headed towards the lab. This whole place reminds me of the school Alex Rider was sent to in Point Blanc.

It's creepy as fuck.

The weird thing was, the place was big but there were only a couple of guards roaming about. The interior of the building was empty.

No, not empty. They were tipped off. The scientists already packed up and left.

"Well, for starters, I usually raid Ming's kitchen whenever I go to his house." I shrugged. "His mum made it clear that the next thing I enter their home and go straight for the kitchen, she'd peel me up and boil me for dinner."

I shivered at that thought.

"His mum sounds like an interesting woman." he chuckled.

"Yeah, she is." I agreed. "She's kind of like a mother I've never asked for, you know. Why are we here anyway?"

"Nachatomist." The underboss answered as he pushed open the final door down the corridor.

I tilted my head slightly. "As in like the people who made Delilah a killer and ruined her childhood?"

"Yeah." he confirmed. "We did a little digging about them. This is one of their labs- well, was."

He sighed and ran his hands through his gelled back hair.

I tucked my gun back into my waistband and went towards the computers in the middle of the room on a round counter.

"You hack?" Sol asked as he widened each unlocked door.

Inside the door was decorated with nothing but white. There were a couple of bunk beds in each room that were as small as a jail cell.

"Do you think that's where they keep the kids?" Solace asked.

I typed a couple of things into the broken laptop that was surprisingly still functioning. My fingers flew across the keyboard naturally as my brian guided my movements.

"I'm in." I announced when I got the passwords.

Anger boiled in my veins at the number of kids there were in this building. I scrolled down to find the end but the list of people kept going on and on, I'm starting to wonder if there's any end to it.

"Deli said that she and her friends took down this organisation, but there seem to be more people on this list than what she told us." I mumbled. "I don't think she made a dent in this organisation's experiments. I think she only met a small part of the organisation. The list goes on and on, I think it's a worldwide-"

I cut myself off at the same time Solace held a finger up for me to be quiet.

Our eyes made contact and we looked towards the last door.

As silent as a cat, Sol walked towards it and hit the butt of his gun against the security pad. He then pushed on the door but it was still locked.

We exchanged a glance.

I unleashed my gun from my waistband and joined him, standing as his backup as his shoulder opened the door.

Once.

Twice.

The door flew open.

We dodged just in time as something flew past us, inches away from our body.