Chapter 59

Move in pairs. Keep your heads up. Eyes on target. Don't hesitate.

"Move in pairs." I murmured.

Dory and I moved at lightning speed, sweeping the place over with the built-in torch on our weapons.

A few seconds ago, Rowan had taken out the lights, every single dim of it, leaving the whole place in pure darkness.

This place wasn't exactly a building. It was more of a warehouse built and decorated so well that... Well, think of it as the place Thomas and his friends escaped from in a maze runner.

"Keep your heads up." Dory continued in a mumble.

We kept our backs on the walls at each corner we turned, our guns held up and ready to fire at any sight of movement.

"Eyes on the target."

We increased our moving speed at the sight of a movement.

"Don't hesitate." My best friend finished and pulled the trigger.

The loud bag echoed the dark path and the person in a distance stumbled onto the floor.

As we got closer, I got a good look at the person and shot him in the chest. "Guard." I told Dory.

We left him to die and continued deeper into the warehouse.

Move in pairs. Keep your heads up. Eyes on target. Don't hesitate.

This was one of the lines Sebastian taught us when we were under his so-called custody and care.

It was a rule that we stick to whenever we have a mission. And right now, Dory and I, along with the others, were using it against him.

Funny, isn't it?

"I found a group." Solace's voice came breaking into my earpiece.

"Fucking hell." Stefano's voice came next.

"Babies?" Rowan frowned.

There was one thing I forgot about how the Nachatomist works. When they want to attack, they send a group out all at once.

"Here comes trouble." Milan said a little too cheerfully over the earpiece.

Before I knew it, Dory and I were fighting our way through, pretty much ditching our guns over our shoulder and stuck to our usual knives and daggers.

"I got nunchucks!" I heard Dean announce in the earpiece. I'm pretty sure he's talking to whoever he's facing and not us.

"And I got brain damage." Ming mumbled.

I can imagine Dean playing around while dodging all the bullets and whatever was thrown at him while Ming stressed over keeping him safe and in one piece.

"CAPT DUCK." Dory shouted and I ducked instinctively.

I learned never to question 'huh what duck?' when he yells that.

Theodore's knife flew right past my head, gazing at the person's shoulder before clattering against the wall.

I ducked another punch from my opponent and frowned back at my partner. "You missed."

"Shut up." he deadpanned.

I threw a punch before turning to him amusingly. "You missed." I said again, a grin slowly forming on my face.

Dory threw another knife, an inch away from missing his target again. "Fuck off."

"Wait. Hold on. What did I hear?" Milan said, laughing over the earpiece. "Dory, you missed?!"