Chapter 14

It's not everyday you get to go to work with your second oldest brother.

"So this is how you spent your life." I commented as we walked through the private hospital.

"I'm a doctor." Silas deadpanned. "I don't sit around, shaking my legs to pass time."

"Is that so? What are we doing today then?"

"Surgery." he said and left it at that.

Ten minutes later, I found myself in a surgical room filled with surgical stuff.

And a dead body.

Or not.

"Is that dude dead?" I asked randomly as I stepped forward, poking him on the cheek.

"He's unconscious." my brother deadpanned.

He then flickered my hands away when I tried to poke the unconscious dude's eye.

"Am I even allowed to be here?"

"I'm the doctor." he shrugged.

A nurse then came into the room, giving a questioning look to Silas.

"I'm the doctor." Silas repeated firmly as if it explains everything.

The pretty nurse rolled her eyes. "Whatever you say, doc." she mumbled. "What's up with this dude?"

"ACL fully torn." my brother replied.

Then the two of them fell into a conversation about medical stuff. They looked at me every now and then and I just nodded as if I understood what they were talking about.

They seem to think I actually understood too.

Being a doctor seems so chill. I should be a doctor too.

I can operate on someone. Hopefully, they don't die. No promises though.

Someone smacked the side of my head.

I scowled as I pulled myself back to reality. "What?"

"You were dozing off." Silas shrugged. "Help me with something. Get the tray over here."

I gave him a look. Shouldn't his nurse be doing this stuff?

Mumbling to myself, I headed over to the tray. There were different sizes of knives arranged on it.

Damn. Different ways to kill someone with different sizes of knives.

I can be real creative sometimes.

I brought the knives over to Silas and stopped dead.

The blood. The wound.

"Yeah I'm out." I decided and dashed out of the surgery room.

The audacity Silas has to laugh at me is unbelievable.

I forgot that I'm afraid of blood. Like I'm not scared of my blood but I'm just find them disgusting. 

And wounds too. It's gross. And scary.

A mental note: never enter the surgery room with Silas, no matter how he convinced me to.

Since I have nothing to do now, I started running about.

I burst into a random room and yelled. "MERRY CHRISTMAS!" Then I ran out.

I think I might have given an old lady a heart attack. I wanna play FBI now.

I went to the main counter and borrowed a pencil. It's a miracle that they didn't ask me any questions.