Chapter 33

Delilah POV

A week later

"We broke up." I announced.

Dean halfted vigorously and I ran straight into his well-built back.

I rubbed my face in agony. When he did even gain muscles.

"What the fuck?" Ming demanded.

The two boys whipped around so quickly, Dean almost lost his balance on his footing.

"Are you two serious right now?" Dean questioned, narrowing his eyes on me and Len.

I looked at Len. He looked back at me.

"Yeah." we both said at the same time.

"What? When? Why??" Ming exclaimed.

"We just weren't meant to be with each other." I shrugged and Len agreed, playing along.

The walk was getting kind of dramaless anyway.

Dean rubbed his eyes before gaping at us again. "Ming? You're hearing this right?"

"Mmhm." Ming nodded in confirmation. Then he narrowed his eyes on us suspiciously. "Waiiit a minute. You two seem perfectly unbothered that you're not in a relationship anymore."

"Ouh. Yeah. That's true." Dean also looked at us suspiciously. "That's now how breaking up works."

"We broke up on good terms." Len and I said in sync.

I exchanged a look with him and we both started grinning at each other.

"Yeah, they're still together." Ming concluded.

I scowled when he smacked the back of my head.

Dean pointed at me and Len. "You two. Gave me. A freaking heart attack for a moment!" he accused.

I laughed at them before throwing my arms around Ming and Dean's shoulder each. "I miss hanging with y'all." I told him.

Lennox sulked as Ming pulled him along with his free hand, "I feel so left out."

"Please, you had your time with her." Dean rolled his eyes. "It's my turn to hang out with my bestie."

"Delilahhhh." My boyfriend whined childishly.

I burst out laughing when he almost tripped over his own shoelace. The second he bent down, Dean tugged my hand and we started sprinting away.

Last thing I heard was Ming saying something like 'bros before hoes."

Running with Dean reminds me of my past life running from the cops. I miss the adrenaline rush.

My other life in Cali seemed so long ago when in reality it's been only three months tops. As if sensing how I enjoy this feeling, Dean looked back for a moment with a mischievous grin on his face.

"Last one to the carnival buys the cotton candy." he yelled at me.

He winked before taking a sharp turn into a small alley.

I halted, immediately changing course. I couldn't help but let the wide smile creep up my face as I climbed over the rundown fences.

Since the boys and my brothers have been giving me a tour around the city, I knew exactly where I was going.

Instead of wasting my breath, running after Dean and trying to cut past him, I took another route.

He may be taking a shortcut. But I'm taking a shortcut of his shortcut..

Five minutes later, I paced at the entrance, out of breath. When I thought I was actually out of breath, I saw Dean sprinting towards me