Chapter 13

It's not everyday you get to fall in love.

I'm serious. I've officially fallen hard.

"I love you so much. You're the love of my life!"

I kissed the orange jelly bean before plopping it into my mouth. I savored the taste before chewing it, making a face as if it breaks my heart to eat it.

"I thought I'm the love of your life." Mingze narrowed his eyes at me playfully.

I grinned and kissed his cheeks. "Oh my oh-so-lovely husband, of course you are." I laughed.

He hummed in satisfaction and asked me to scoot over before resting his head on my lap.

"Will you play with my hair?" he mumbled.

In response, I ran my fingers into his soft curls. "What's your dream girl like?" I asked him randomly.

"You."

I rolled my eyes and he laughed. "Serious answer, Ming."

He waved me off. "I don't have a specific taste. As long as they respect my ma and matches my energy, I'm more than happy to give my heart to them."

That's some high expectations there.

"Do you ever have a girlfriend?"

"Nope." he shook his head. "You know, you're the first girl I talked to without getting all nervous and shitting my pants."

"You get nervous around girls?" I asked in disbelief and he nodded. "You??"

"Believe it or not, yeah." he laughed. "Besides my ma, I don't talk to any girls. Well, every now and then, I'd talk to Noah's girlfriend when we're all hanging out since I can't just ignore my dude's girl."

"You seriously don't talk to girls?"

"Nope. You're the first girl who I'm really comfortable around with." he shrugged.

I laughed and poked his cheeks. "Yeah, I can tell."

"I don't even know why though." he continued as he scrolled through his phone.

"Cause I'm limited edition." I said proudly.

"Of course you are." he chuckled.

Xin then entered the chat, carrying large brown bags.

Immediately, Mingze hopped off the couch to help his mother.

Help, that boy is so respectful.

Since I didn't wanna be left out, I went and helped the mother and son.

"Flour." Ming yelled suddenly. "Holy shit. Thanks, ma. Rayne, you know what this means?"

"You get to throw magical dust at someone?" I puzzled.

"Okay, I didn't think of that but anyways, we get to bake biscuits!" he cheered.

"Wait, really??" I looked at his mother with hopefully eyes.

She waved us off. "As long as you clean up after yourselves." she told her.

I squealed in happiness and did a little dance.

"Okay, where's my phone?" I asked no one in particular.

"Upstairs, in my room on the study table." Ming answered.

My personal tracker.

I ran upstairs, still not being able to get used to the design of his house. I went into his room and got my phone- which was on his study table just like he had said.