Chapter 41

Hi besties! sorry for the long wait :)

I'd recommend to re-read the previous chapter to feel how Delilah feels in this chapter hehe <3

----------------------------

Delilah POV

Life sucks.

It's been three weeks since Len- since the ball and life just sucks. I know it's selfish of me but for the two weeks, I locked myself in my room, eating to my guilt and sorrow. Though I couldn't exactly walk because of my twisted ankle.

I know that Len would probably tell me to get my head out of my ass and live my life but what life do I have when he's not in it?

Was it really worth it to continue living without him?

On the fifteenth day, my ankle felt a lot better so I snuck out of the mansion. I also had to snuck past the newly positioned guards by the gates because they'll report everything to Steafno. Literally anything.

There's no more Ezekiel covering for me anymore.

I managed to get out and have been staying over at Dean's ever since.

Rowan told him about what had happened and we both drowned to our own sorrows in his house.

We're also trying so vo-do shit we found online, trying to communicate and bring Len back to life.

Dean and I were currently in his living room. The curtains around us were drawn over the windows, cutting off all the natural light sources. We also have a layer of black paper stuck against the window. The lights were off.

Dean, lying on his stomach, plopped a jelly bean into his mouth.

Old papers and books spreaded around us, some open while others closed. There's also a little candle in the middle where we sat.

We haven't spoken in hours. We just sat here whilst flipping through all the papers we found and bought.

Out of nowhere, we heard the door open. We have no time to prepare ourselves as someone enters, carrying the ball of sunlight with them.

Dean and I hissed as we threw a blanket over ourselves.

"Guys, this is not healthy." An all-too-familiar voice sighed.

I groaned. Dean echoed my groan.

"Go away, Ming." I mumbled. "Close the door."

Our friend only sighed as the lights came back to life, brightening our dark room.

"This is not healthy," Mingze repeated. "You need to get your shit together, both of you."

"You sound like Lennox." I said quietly.

"Everything you do reminds us of Lennox." Dean agreed.

Someone yanked my blanket away. I hissed and blocked the light out from my eyes. It took me a moment but eventually, my eyes settled into the new brightness.

Ming has been going in and out of the house for days, taking care of the both of us when we can't.

Or well, don't want to.

"Dean, get up and go take a bath." he ordered as he grabbed Dean's arms, tugging for him to move. "When was the last time you've showered? You smell like shit."

"Leave me alone. Only Len can say that."

Ming sighed. "Go take a bath." he repeated firmly. "Now, Dean, before I yeet you up myself."