Chapter 60

Third Person POV

The next couple of incidents happened in only a few minutes.

When Stefano and the rest of the backup team barged into the hangar, they had triggered a bomb. It was planted by Theodore when he was locking the door, falling into Sebastian's submission.

Theodore had fought hard enough, but only ten seconds was all that was needed to activate it.

Louis had sensed the explosion the moment the backup team burst in. The instinct of saving his best friend had him snapped out of the nightmare he believed he was in. He had thrown himself at his best friend, shielding her from the fire.

Theodore, still unconscious, was not as lucky. The wings of the plane had been thrown across the room, landing directly on top of his lower body.

Delilah had hit her head hard against the cold hard ground.

When she came into consciousness, her head was buzzing and ringing. "Louis?" she yelled, her voice muffled by the ringing in her ears.

Delilah found Louis two arm lengths to her left. Despite the pain in her whole body, she managed to crawl towards him.

"Louis." she choked out, shaking his shoulder. "Louis?"

It was when she saw the blood pooling out from below him, she screamed. She tilted him slightly to see that his clothes were burnt and blood was coming out from his wound.

"Lilah?" Louis coughed. He tried to move, but his body wasn't obeying him.

Tears streamed down her face when she realised that her best friend was fighting to stay alive.

It wasn't only his back that was burnt, there was a bullet wound.

A shot from, she whipped her head to see Sebastian pulling himself together and aiming at her with a gun once again.

Her two best friends were on the verge of dying. Delilah didn't see a point to survive. She prepared herself for her death.

Two gunshots went off.

Delilah waited for the pain, for the hit to come, but it never did. She opened her eyes slowly to see Sebastian crumpling onto the floor.

On the other side of the hangar, walking out from the smoke was the grinning sixteen year-old, Milan

"Oooh I have been waiting for this moment," Milan said with a deadly grin that made him not look like .. Milan at all.

Milan started cursing Sebastian out each time he pulled the trigger, tears streaming down his face, but yet, he was smiling like he won the olympics.

"For everyone." he yelled, "For my whole family you slaughter!"

Milan cursed and screamed and pulled the trigger again and again, not once hitting the parts that will give Sebastian the satisfaction of a quick death.

The teen shot until he had no bullet left.

At last, he fell onto his knees, crying and laughing. It was as if a huge weight was lifted off his shoulder and Milan finally felt free.

He laughed on, looking up to the sky, closing his eyes. "Free like the little mockingjay at home."

—--------------------------

Delilah POV

I am not going to lose the person I came to save.

"Lilah?" Louis choked out, tears escaping his eyes.

I held back a sob and touched his cheek. "You're gonna be okay." I whispered.

He was not going to be okay.

"Why, why did you do it, dammit. I was supposed to save you, not the other way around. I'm your guardian angel." I started cursing him out, so mad that he had risked himself for me.

"Lils-"

I put a finger on his lips, tears flooding my vision. "No no no no." I whispered. "You don't speak. You save your breath. I yell at you, not you at me. Why are you so stupid? I can't- I can't lose you too, not you too. No more, Loo, you hear me, so you better stay alive because I need you. I just got you back-"

My voice broke and I started crying.

I cried even harder when Ming, Dean and Stefano approached me. Someone placed their hand on my shoulder.

"Deli-" Ming started.

"No." I sniffled. "I hate you, Louis. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you."

I slapped his face softly. "Don't close your eyes, you drongo."

A weak and faint smile formed on his lips. "You came back for me." His voice was so soft I had to put my ears to his lips to hear his words.

I pulled back slightly and chuckled through my tears. "Of course I came back for you. I'll always walk into the fire for you."

"And I you." he said, "Take me home, okay?"

I shook my head, "No. No. You're gonna go back alive, you'll see your parents again."

"Take me home to where we had stayed during our last nights."

I shook my head vigorously. "Stop it. Shut up."

"Lils-"

"Shut up. Shut up."

"Things will be okay, now." he continued, forcing himself to speak. "You'll be okay now."

"How will I ever be okay?" I half yelled at him.

"You took down Sebastian. You helped the kids, okay?"

I didn't correct him that it was Milan who had taken him down.

"You make sure they're okay, promise?"

I nodded, pressing my forehead to his. "I will. I will. I'm so sorry."

"Don't be," he whispered, his voice faltering. "You came back.. That's all...that's all that matters."

"I'm so sorry." I repeated, my voice breaking like crazy.

"Don't, Lils. Don't."

"Don't leave me alone." I pleaded.

"I love you." His last words. His last breath.

I broke down into another sob. "Louis. Louis!" I screamed and shook him. "No. NO. NO."

"Delilah.." Stefano spoke. He knelt down and pulled me into his chest. "I'm so sorry, sorellina."

I cried and cried until I lost my voice; until my tears became dried; until my nose was red.

I didn't know how long I had cried, but Silas's medics brought the ambulance and all the wounded- including Dory- were taken to the private hospital- Silas's friend owns it- to be tended to.

I pulled away from my big brother, moving shakily on my feet and knelt in front of Louis. His body laid motionless, his eyes closed.

A look so peaceful he looked as if he's asleep.

I leaned down and kissed his forehead. "Rest, brother, you deserve it." I said, my voice shaking. "I love you."

I didn't know whether this mission was a success or lost.

The person who had haunted my- and a whole bunch of other's -lives were dead.

Yet, the person I came to save was dead too.

—---------------------------------------

I DON'T KNOW IF I WAS LAUGHING OR SOBBING WRITING THIS CHAPTER 😭