Chapter 38

Stefano left out the part where there will be a buffet table lined with the finest food I've ever seen

The whole introduction and the walking red carpet feeling lasted about an hour before the event finally started.

Dons and Donnas; Ladies and Gentlemen were all talking among themselves. Some were chatting whilst eating so formally that I wanted to just walk up and stuff their face with the delicious food.

I found my three oldest brothers walking here and there, stopping by each guest to greet and talk shortly with them.

At some point, Solace stole Lennox and I was forced to follow Stefano while he did his rounds.

Great. So much for going straight for the food.

"Stefano, let me go." I said under my breath, trying to pull away from my brother as he dragged me to another group of people.

"Hell nah." he murmured. "You're gonna suffer with me."

"Nooo."

"Don of spanish and south africa mafia." my brother mumbled.

I kicked his calf the moment we came to a stop in front of two rich ass old men that would probably be around dad's age.

My brother gave me a sharp look before his stupid business smile took over.

"Mr Garcia, Mr Animo." my brother greeted with a nod. "Glad you could join us today."

God he sounded so fake.

"Please, Stefano, Call me Diego." the taller one chuckled. "We're past the last name basis."

Stefano chuckled and so did the shorter one.

"And I Sanjay."

Wow. So that's how you speak business language huh? Chuckle Chuckle Chuckle.

I tilted my head slightly. Diego dude looks a lot like an old friend of mine.

"Diego, Sanjay, I want to introduce you to my little sister and the princess, Delilah." My brother continued.

I narrowed my eyes on Diego but smiled warmly, trying to mimic Stef's expression. "A pleasure." I held my head high.

I don't think that was a Delilah who spoke but oh well.

"A pleasure indeed." Sanjay chuckled as he held out his hands.

We shook hands.

The hell. Why are his hands sweaty? Ew.

I placed my hands behind my back afterwards, wiping my palms on my dress.

Stefano proceeded to talk business with the two Don.

I should be feeling awkward since I have no idea what they were talking about but I was to busy trying to figure out why this Diego dude look like my best friend, Louis.

Then I felt his gaze on me. His eyes flickered from my head and down to my toes. He has this mischievous glint in his eyes that made me shrink a little.

I stepped closer to Stefano and he noticed it immediately.

He cleared his throat and Diego creep's eyes moved back to my brother.

Stef finished his sentence before excusing the both of us. "Well, I hope you have a good evening, gentlemen."

I hooked my arm around his and we walked away.

"He looks like Louis." I blurted at the same time my brother said, "That creep was checking you out."

Stef looked taken aback. "He looks like your friend? Who's Louis?"