Chapter 42

Mingze said to change into something cute so I chose the outfit that Len said I looked cute in.

Looking into the mirror, I tried to think from his point of view. There were still some small wounds and scars around my body that were still healing.

When I looked at myself again, I actually found this outfit cute afterall.

Would you look at that, Len has a sense of style.

I put on some necklaces and bracelets for the extra effects. Though, I prevented myself from putting on rings because it's going to be oily and dirty since we're gonna make a mess of ourselves later.

Hearing Ming's voice in my head again, I went into my closet and got out my Ariana Grande perfume- the cloud one. I sprayed a little on my wrist and rubbed them together.

Then I decided to be extra so I sprayed some into the air and danced a little as I spun into the small particles of perfumes.

Finally, when I was done, I headed to the kitchen to help Stefano bake.

"Okay." I started as Stefano helped me tie a knot at the back of my apron. "So we definitely don't need any prawns or seafood because we're literally baking bribery cookies- which are also called chocolate chip cookies."

Stef kept the prawns and fish balls into the freezer. "I knew that." he lied.

I chuckled. "Help me with the dough. I'll mix and you'll measure."

"Why can't I mix?"

"Because I hate measuring." I shrugged. "Now, chop chop. The flour first."

I have the cookie recipe glued to my heart forever so I didn't really need any recipe.

"How many cups of flour again?" my brother asked as he unnecessarily stirred the flour.

"Three, Stefano." I repeated the fifth time. "For a mafia boss, you have a really terrible memory."

"My memory is used to memorise all the meeting details, not baking details." he rolled his eyes.

"Mm. Keep rolling those eyes, maybe you'll find a new brain back there."

My brother flickered some flour in my face when he passed me the scooped flour and I sneezed.

He's so mean, I swear.

"Hand me the baking soda." I said next.

"The what?"

"The baking soda."

"The what?"

I scowled as I looked up from my mixing bowl. "Baking soda, fratello."

He frowned and held up the little bottle. "I see no baking soda. Only baking powder."

"Then it's probably in the fridge," I stressed. "Geez, Stef, you're the one who took out all the ingredients, I'm just mixing them."

"Wow, I sense some gaslighting here." he chuckled and took another small bottle from the fridge. "Here, ma'am."

"I'm not gaslighting." I scoffed but thanked him. "I'm literally here to mix the ingredients."

"Sure." he nodded.

Ten minutes later, we were in the living room. The dough was in the fridge, refrigerating for an hour before we could put them in a tray and bake them.

I got the remote and hopped onto the couch, snuggling into Stefano's side.

"Okay, what do you want to watch? Cheesy romance? Comedy? Family-friendly? Adventurous? Harry Potter?" I asked as I scrolled through netflix.