Chapter 48

Getting out of the mansion was a piece of cake.

Going to Dory's location, on the other hand, was a bit of a challenge. Ming was bored so he wanted to hang out. After I told him about my plan to visit an old friend, of course he cancelled hanging out at home and decided to tag along.

So now I'm stuck with a weirdly-protective brother and a busy body best friend.

"You really don't have to follow me." I stressed for the hundredth time as we got out of Ming's car.

"Oh but we do." Mingze grinned.

We walked past the front porch and up the steps. The two boys flanked my sides and I knocked on the door.

"Don't embarrass yourselves." I warned them.

On the other side of the door, I heard a loud thud and a string of colourful curses that I'd never known existed. Then a bunch of yellings continued before I heard a loud crash.

I heard a muffle voice, "Joe don't-"

I blinked when the front door flew open.

I felt a pair of little hands attacking my legs, hugging them tightly. Laughing, I looked down to see a kid, grabbing onto me like a panda.

"SISSSYYYY." Little Joe squealed.

Still laughing, I bent down and scooped him up in my arms. Little Joe's legs wrapped around my waist immediately and he started playing with my hair.

"Damn, little dude, you grew. You were like a little toddler the last time I saw you." I chuckled. "How old are you now, hmm?"

"Six!" he said, holding out six fingers in my face.

"Who the hell is little Joe?" Ming frowned.

Little Joe looked up from my hair. "I'm Little Joe!" he raised his hand as he looked towards Ming. "Who the hell are you?"

"Mingze."

"Little Ming!" Little Joe cheered.

"Gods no."

"Yes."

"No-"

"Delilah." Dory appeared, a huge smile on his face. Then his smile grew mischievous as he looked at Max. "Maxwell, hey there, bro."

"I'm not your bro." Max snapped.

"Geez, okay." he smiled, holding his hands up in surrender.

"Dory, that's Ming." I nodded in my friend's direction. "Ming, Dory."

"As in the fish?" Mingze furrowed his brows.

"Yeah!" Little Joe agreed. "Nemo's best friend."

Dory snorted. "Theodore." he extended his hand, which Ming accepted and shook. "C'mon in, guys."

The inside of the house was pretty much a replica of Dean's. Well, accept it's way more messier and crowded. That's coming a lot from me since Dean's house was already really messy.

Ming lets out an omph when a kid ran into him. "Carry me, carry me." she screeched, looking behind her with wide eyes.

"Ella, I swear I'm gonna-"

Ming carried the girl up before the other girl could smack her with a pan-

"Jossie!" Dory exclaimed, grabbing the pan from the girl. "What the hell do you think you're doing?! We've talked about this!"

The blond girl- Jossie- furrowed her eyebrow. "You said we can't hit Ella with a broom so I took the pan."

Dory seemed to be at a loss for words. "Act like your age, please." he sighed.