Chapter 7

I'm nervous.

Why am I nervous? I didn't even do any crime.

Or did I?

Okay fine. I committed a crime.

I killed Maxwell.

Eh. I'm kidding.

Anyway, I got out of my bed and walked into my closet.

Guess what I found there?

No. Not Max's body!

It's my freaking school uniform!

It took me a total of twenty minutes and thirteen seconds to finish my quick shower and usual morning routine before I finally changed into my annoying uniform

I wanna fake my death.

What if this uniform swallows me up?

I didn't bother checking the mirror cause I was not in the mood for anything today.

Mumbling a bunch of curses to myself, I stalked into the dining room where all my brothers were peacefully having breakfast.

All of them were wide awake and dressed nicely for the day.

At the sound of my curses, their busy eyes snapped towards me.

"I hate this uniform!" I stressed as I pulled on my tie. "It's so...itchy!."

I feel like crying.

"It is definitely not itchy." Roman frowned. "It's literally made of the most comfortable clothing material in the world."

"And?" I gave him a bored look.

"Sorry." he held his hand up quickly. Then mumbled. "Didn't mean to get on your nerves."

"I heard that!" I scowled. "Stefano-"

"Come here." my oldest brother chuckled softly, holding his hand out for me.

I pouted and walked over to him, still pulling and adjusting my tie. "I hate this. I don't wanna go to school."

"It'll be okay, principessa." He smiled warmly. "You're gonna make new friends there and you're gonna fit in perfectly."

"I don't wanna fit in." I frowned. "Fitting in and being normal is underrated."

"Then you'll stand out perfectly." he corrected. "Why don't you have your breakfast first, hmm? And we'll think about school later."

The fact that he's handling me with a surprising amount of care and gentleness actually made me forget about school for a moment.

I nodded and took a seat next to him.

Silas asked me about my sleep and how my day was yesterday, successfully distracting me from the s-thing.

Until Rowan decided to open his stupid mouth.