Chapter 23

Three days later

It's not the best idea to go to any of my brothers after we were attacked by our weak enemies.

They're weak because they freaking attacked us when we're all dressed in pyjamas and asleep.

Like bro, man up and fight fairly.

I kind of went into my brothers' business, trying to check up on them but my older brothers had locked themselves away. Stefano and Solace spent their time releasing anger into the prisoners they kept while Silas did things a little cleaner, spending his free time in the hospital.

The three younger brothers avoided the house as best as they could, only coming back late at night to sleep.

I didn't understand why they left during the first day but after hearing the non-stop screaming from the left wing of the mansion, I decided to stay out of the mansion too.

Which is why I decided to finally go back to school today.

"Okay, how many exes do you have?" I asked Len randomly.

Okay, maybe I lied, I came to school only to see him.

We were currently at our usual spot by the wall. I didn't feel like going to Chem so he skipped his Maths to keep me company.

He also brought a pack of chips. He's the best for knowing I love snacks.

"Katherine. She's the only one." my boyf- Len replied without much emotion.

"What's her problem anyway? She's obsessed with your or something?"

He only shrugged. Okay. That shrug meant it was the end of that topic so I changed our conversation.

"I have a project." I said suddenly, remembering what this girl in my class texted me the other day.

I don't even know why she chose me in her group

We've never even talked.

"What is it about?"

"No idea. Apparently, my group decided to make a volcano."

"A volcano?"

"Yeah, Len. Are you gonna just repeat everything I said?"

He rolled his eyes. "Oh I'm sorry."

"You know, you've gotten soft." I started again.

"Mm how so?"

"Apparently you were a 'bad boy' who the school feared and you're rude to everyone but Dean and Ming." I shrugged. "You've gone soft."

"I have not gone soft." he scoffed.

"Mm. You said good morning to a teacher in the hallway today." I deadpanned. "According to Dean, you don't do that."

"I said good morning to everyone."

"The teacher looked shocked at the fact you looked at her."

"She's just surprised to get her good eyesight back out of nowhere."

"One would think you're a mysterious person." I voiced.

"Yeah? What do you think?"

I smiled at that. "I think you're a soft boy who would do anything I want."

His brow shot up. "Is that so?"

"Mmhm. If I asked you to jump off a cliff, I bet you'd do it."

He blushed slightly. "I would." he agreed.