Chapter 47

I think my sanity might have faded a little because- tell me why my feet think it's a good idea to check on Kyian?

It's been days and Silas barely had any time for Kyian- especially with the sudden increase of patients at the hospital.

Ki was healed enough to walk again and he's been staying in Len's room ever since.

And I felt like I owe this to Len. I can't even do anything right ever since he's gone. The least I could do was take care of Ki.

I let out a deep breath, releasing my anxiety and knocked twice on the door.

"Mate, I swear if this is about my mental health again-" Ki stopped short when he looked up from his book.

I gave him a small unsure smile.

A sense of nostalgia hit me immediately. I could see myself laughing with him as we lay on his bed, talking about everything at 12am. I could see myself dancing in the bathroom with him before we brushed our teeths. I could hear myself giggle as he attacked me with hugs and kisses.

I wish I could go back in time to experience all of it again.

"Oh. I thought you were Roman." he mumbled, pulling a sloth to his chest.

The sloth. The one Len won from the carnival he took me months ago- it felt like so long ago. Despite the fact that he won it for me, I insisted that he kept the sloth to remind him of me when I'm in my room, just like how Lenpacca reminds me of him when he's not around.

I said nothing. Kyian didn't seem mad but he didn't look like he wanted me there either.

"Uhm, do you need something?" he said, confused.

I swallowed. "I'm sorry." I blurt. "I'm sorry for pulling you into all this mess-"

"No. Wait, stop. Stop apologising." he cut in with an apologetic smile. "Just don't apologise."

"But-"

"I'm supposed to be sorry. The other day, I didn't mean it- what I said. I just- I was angry, so so angry and you were just there." he rushed out.

He shook his head as I rubbed his eyes. "I'm so sorry, Lilah. For everything I've said to you."

I offered him a soft smile. "It's okay."

"It's not. I was wrong..about you. You existing in my life is the best thing that's ever happened to me. You gave me something worth it- a family. You've been nothing but like a big sister to me since we first met and I love you so much."

A choked laugh escaped my lips as I walked to him. I pulled him into a hug, carefully, avoiding his still healing wounds.

"I love you too, Ki." I said, kissing the top of his head.

We eventually pulled away with tears glistening on our faces. I've never been happier at that moment.

We were silent again for a few minutes and I closed my eyes for a long moment

"Lily?"

"Yeah, Ki?" I asked, my eyes still closed.

"Do you think Sol will teach me how to fight- well, self-defence?"

I opened my eyes. "You wanna train?"

"Yeah. I mean- Ru.. If I've been able to fight, maybe they wouldn't have taken-"

"Ki, stop. What happened to Ru, they would've taken him away either way. Zeke was a good fighter and...look what happened to him."

"I know." he whispered. "That's why I should learn how to fight. I wanna take them down, Lily. I wanna- I..for Zeke and ... Len." he added with a soft whisper.