Chp 13

Zen hurried to the boat but when she reached it, she gawked. Zen observed the sleek sails craft she would be riding for nigh for eight days. It was a prism with three levels, two below deck. It had small portholes for windows on the sides. It was painted a magnificent cerulean blue with gold borders but being made of mostly glass, the sun would beam down on it making it a diamond of the sea. She walked up the gangplank and put her hand on the golden-painted mast. It felt cool to the skin. It wasn't slippery with seafoam yet although it soon would be.

The smell of brine infused her nose as the boat's rockets lit up and roared them out to sea. On deck, the floor was littered with rich, navy, cushions upon which sat the Guerreros as they chatted among themselves. Small tables painted in gold accompanied these 'seats.' They were littered with beverages and snacks for the Guerreros. Most drank water. In the very middle was hoisted a sail. Zen touched the fabric of it. Her eyes widened.

It's like spider silk!

She had once worn a dress of that material when she was younger and richer. The ship felt warm and comfortable for all its strange appearance and Zen felt excitement course through her veins. I'm actually leaving Puerto Nuevo for a few days! I'm actually seeing the rest of the world! I can't wait for this adventure to set off!

Gently the boat skimmed through clear waters, the silencers having been turned on and Zen grinned as she took in the view of the open ocean and enjoyed the Caribbean breeze frolicking like the waves, through her hair.

Later, the Guerreros were allowed to check out their rooms. A few were pale and teetered from side to side with the boat. Those few headed into the med bay. Zen followed the decor of the place to a grand ballroom where everyone was being hoarded to. There she found her team.

Isaias, Marco, and Alejandro were taking in the finery of their surroundings. Unlike their last ballroom, this one was much smaller and painted a light shade of blue and gold, the boat colors. They were wearing official Guerrero uniforms. Cerulean coats, white shirts, coal gray pants, and black boots. The blue coats had the Guerrero emblem stitched to the right shoulder and reminded her of windbreakers. Only Alejandro had three prancing ponies where his pins went. Isaias and Marco had none showing their rank as trainees.

"Hey, hermanita! Looking good! Marie's influence?" asked Isaias as he walked over to her. Marco faced her and Alejandro merely nodded, stashing his hands into his pockets and slouching against the wall.

"Yeah, Marie made these actually," said Zen giving a twirl. "You like?"

"Yeah, but she could have done your hair too. It's a mess," replied Isaias, touching her sensitive scalp and getting zapped by the crystal.

"Ouch! Zen! What was that?" He cried sucking on his fingers.

"Sorry! Uncle and I had an altercation and the crystal went into zap mode to protect me."

Alejandro rose a brow. "A crystal can do that?" he asked.

"This crystal can. I'm not sure what it is," said Zen.

"May I take a look at it? I might be able to tell if it's something dangerous," said Alejandro.

Zen sighed."You can try but it's not very amicable right now. It's downright vile."

"I see. Can you hold it up to the light at least?"

"Sure! That I can do," said Zen grasping the necklace and holding it towards the light where the golden etchings glowed slightly.

Alejandro's eyes widened slightly from their near apathetic look which alerted Isaias.

"What is it, Alejandro?"