Chp 15

Stephan held the wave in place, his fist in the air, and jumped onto the ruined deck. He eyed the familiar girl before him.

"Can I at least have your name now," he said, smirking.

Her eyes widened. "It's you! Weren't you an Elite brat?"

Marco snickered and Stephan sighed. "I'll be what I have to be to find Edline," he said.

"So your sister really is kidnapped?" she asked.

"Yes, she is. Now I believe you have something for me?" He said smiling that devilish smile she knew well.

"I do but I can't take it off and anyone that tries is beamed," she said shrugging.

"Are you telling me that the crystal has chosen you as a guardian!" He raked his fingers through his hair.

"Is that what I am?"

"Yes!"

Zen sighed. "Then, yeah that's what it's done."

Stephan let his hand fall and the wave slowly diminished. "You're going to have to come with us to the GC to take the crystal off," he said.

"Hey, Pirate! She's going nowhere with you!" Yelled Isaias who was under the bull at the moment.

"Yo, mafia! She hasn't got a choice," replied Stephan, shaking his head and turning to Zen.

"You know that right?"

"All I know is I wish I wasn't in this situation," she grumbled.

Your wish has been granted.

What wish?

You will no longer be here

What?

Stephan stood confused. Was she arguing with someone or something? Something he couldn't hear? Perhaps the crystal then but she shouldn't be able to communicate with the crystal!

The crystal began to glow.

Zen took the glowing crystal in hand. "What now!"

The glow intensified and slowly it began to engulf Zen's body.

"Zen," cried Isaias, who struggled under Val. He melted into the shadows and appeared just as Zen was disappearing. Marco teleported to Isaias and grabbed hold while Stephan stepped back not wanting to go wherever it was the crystal was going to lead them.

"The crystal should be dormant! Only a Galactian can use it! She's human, right?" whimpered Marek from behind him. Zen's desperate gaze met his and then in a flash of light Zen, her brother, and Marco were elsewhere. It had taken all three. Stephan stood confused. He walked back to his crew.

"Call GC. Tell them we have an active crystal on the loose and unaccounted for now."

Val nodded and tapped his ear.

Kiera sidled up to him. "What do we do now Stephan?"

"Now...we hunt down a crystal K. Marek can you trace the gem?"

"It's gone into a chaotic magnetic field...most likely somewhere near the Deadlands," Marek said, opening glowing silver eyes. He could sense the Intergalactic crystal being a Galactian.

"That's where we'll begin our search then. Let's go, crew! What did the GC say, Val?"

"We have access to every available source...just find the crystal and bring it to them."

"That's the plan."

###

Alejandro floated in the Caribbean sea trying to stay aloft. In the end, he did jump into the cool waters. He was treading water when a ship came upon him. It was the Don's escape vessel. Alejandro blinked and the men aboard gasped.