Chp 22

Isaias lay on the common room couch shuffling around. He was far too big for the couch. His feet tucked out the other side. On his other side, Marco was shifting on his couch trying to become comfortable.

"I'm not going to make it a whole week on these," he muttered.

Isaias growled and got up, grabbed his sheet and pillow, and laid it out on the floor. He laid down.

"Much better! Cold though. Brr"

"Move over so that we can share my blanket and use yours as bedding."

Isaias stood and together they made an impromptu bed, then laid down again.

Isais raised his arms above his head to his pillow and rolled over.

"Night, Marco."

"Are you still mad at me?"

Isaias yawned. "It's a little late for this Marco."

"It's a perfect time! No one's around!"

Isaias yawns again but rolled over to face him. "They will be if you keep shouting."

"Look, Isaias, I'm not so sure what's made you so mad."

Isaias sighed. Maybe sleeping together like this wasn't the best action I could have taken. He watched Marco who was glaring at him again and cracked his knuckles. "Look, Marco. You've been giving me an attitude since Zen let it slip that I liked a guy."

Marco twitched and Isaias sighed.

"Sorry, I don't mean to."

"You can't stand gays, fine but keep your actions against us at a low. I'll get another fighting partner when we return to Puerto Nuevo," Isaias said, rolling over and curled in a ball.

Marco lay there shocked. He didn't want another fighting partner! For his faults, Isaias was fun to be with and he respected him. There had to be a way he could rid himself of his phobia of men, right?

"Isaias?"

But Isaias was already asleep. He could hear tiny snores coming from him.

"I don't hate you," he muttered before closing his eyes and nodding off.

Isaias cracked an eye open. Then why do you shudder in disgust when I even brush by you? Isaias closed his eyes and fell into a deep sleep.

Zen awoke with a little bit more strength than the day before. It had been late last evening when she awoke and now she was quite hungry. Once her staples were checked, she was able to sit up and once more acquired help from Kiera in the bathroom. Wearing clean clothes, she faced the day. It would take five more days to get back home to her estimates of how fast they seemed to be flying. They seemed to be skimming the air, almost floating by like a cloud instead of flying. Had the chase hampered them so much? She wished she had been awake for the chase but she had been under a sedative sleeping off the pain of the staples.

She walked down the halls and came upon her brother and Marco snuggled beside one another. Marco was leaning on Isaias's chest and Isaias had his arm thrown over Marco's waist. That's going to bring problems...big ones.

She kept walking over to the big area labeled kitchen where the crew members were all gathered and eating.

"Good morning," she yawned.

Stephan grinned from his place at the counter." Morning. You seem better," he said picking a small red cube from a red disk-like thing and handing it to her. She gazed at it and finally recognized it as a meal. A real meal, not onion soup.