Chp 27

"What? Uncle's merchandise?" asked Isaias, keeping his eyes not on Luis but on the one that had appeared after him in the brown sedan, Nathan.

Zen sighed. "He wants the necklace. I'll have to go with them," she said, getting out of the car. Marco pulled her back from the door and Isaias nodded towards him gratefully.

"Wait a sec, hermanita. We don't know what they truly want yet."

Zen glared at them. "I told you. The necklace. This isn't the first time he's used brute force to get it back. It's never worked. The necklace won't leave me. Now will you let go or will I have to get nasty?"

Marco let her go when Zen pulled out a knife and she quickly stepped out of the car. Isaias and Marco followed her and walked to her sides. The redhead grumbled but also got out from the driver's side.

"What do a bunch of pendejos want?" she asked.

"I already stated what I want," said Luis grinning. He mentioned for Gorito to come closer with a small case. In it were three round flat microchips. Marco's eyes widened and he glared as they were clipped to Zen and Isaias.

Those are electric field conformers, Isaias.

What do they do?

They disrupt your body's electric field. I can't teleport us away

Damn! How do they know of you?

I never wiped Juaquin's memory of me teleporting

"As far as I knew, Intergalactic crystals were GC property, not uncle's," said Isaias.

Luis shrugged. "Dad stole it. It's his now."

"He knows I can't take it off," said Zen.

"He said to provide some incentive," said Luis, taking out a nine-millimeter and pointing it at Isaias who grinned. Faster than usual Luis was on the floor his gun pointed at him.

"I'm not such an easy target, cousin."

Several guns were drawn around them and Nathan gazed cooly from his spot. "We don't have a choice in this Isaias. You give us the necklace or..." he cocked his semi-automatic.

"Wait," said Zen. "I'll come with you. I can't take the necklace off but I can follow you."

"If she goes I do too," said Isaias.

"Me too," said Marco.

Isaias shook his head. We need someone who can get to Carmelo without distraction. They'll let you go if you play along. When I say go you leave us.

But Isaias!

Marco, I can't leave Zen alone. Not with her wound. Get to Carmelo's. Only a Don can outclass another Don.

Fine but if you die on me...

Please! My cousin is an irresponsible brat of a boss. The most he'll do is cut us a bit which in Zen's case isn't so good. Hmm, guess I'll have to take all the punishment somehow.

Isaias don't be a hero!

Marco, she's my sister.

"Fine then. Hold him," said Luis as Tortuga and Gorito came around and held Isaias still catching his attention.

Luis smirked and then punched Isaias in the stomach.

Isaias twitched before he was punched in the face. He laughed "What were those? Love taps?" he muttered before Luis gestured for Nathan to take over. He did and Isaias was groaning in pain sure he had a busted rib again.