Chp 17

Marco teleported to an empty room on the other side of the theatre. As soon as they landed, he dropped to his knees and tugged the little girl into his arms. Zen stood back trying not to ruin the moment by spewing all over them. She took deep breaths.

"Edline!" He cried.

The little girl turned bright citrine eyes on him. "Marco? Is that you?"

"Yes!"

The little girl struggled in his hold again.

"Um, Marco? You're smothering your sister," Isaias said as he took in the color the little girl was turning.

"Marco looked at Edline and sighed letting go. The minute he did, Edline kicked him in the shin. Marco winced and rubbed his leg.

"Why did you run away? You really did it this time Marco. Stephan hates your guts and I don't like you either!"

"But! I had to run away! There were bad men after me!"

Edline pouted crossing her arms. "Then why not take us with you? Stephan begged you to! I would've too!"

"I was too young to care for two children," Marco began.

"Stephan is two years younger and I was eight! We could look out for ourselves. You were selfish, Marco and it's going to bite you," Edline signaled her rear end, "right in the kisser. I might forgive you but not Stephan."

"But you'll forgive me?"

"If you can get me out of here."

Zen smiled." We'll get you out...that I promise you," she said kneeling to gaze at Edline in the eyes.

"Who're you," Edline asked with a tilt of her head.

"Ed, these are my friends. Zen Amargarita and Isaias Amargarita," said Marco pointing to each one.

"Are you two married?"

Isaias choked and Zen turned a little green.

"It's enough to be related to this pain in the rear," said Zen smiling. "He's my twin brother." She turned to Isaias and patted him on the back. "Isaias, you can breathe now," she said rolling her eyes. Her brother was so dramatic.

"Listen, kid, don't ever say that again," he muttered shuddering.

Zen tugged on his hair. "I'm not that bad!"

"Oh heck yes, you are! You are a clone of Mama! I pity the guy that falls for you."

"Well, I pity the guy you are into!"

"Zen!" Cried Isaias eyes wide. He turned towards Marco who glared at him.

Zen covered her mouth. "Oops?"

Edline giggled at the twin's antics. "You guys are funny," she said.

A loud alarm busted into being around them.

Zen covered her sensitive ears. "What is that?" She screamed as the others were busy doing the same.

"They know I'm gone. We have to leave. Now!" screamed Edline as she took Marco's hand. Marco took Isaias's and Isaias grabbed Zen's hand before all four were gone in a teleport.

Zen promised herself she was never teleporting again after this as she ran to catch up to the other three still feeling queasy. It didn't matter who was doing the teleporting. It was a horrendous way to travel.

"Hurry up Zen!"

Zen flipped Isaias the bird, but she quickened her steps not wanting to get caught in the act of stealing a vehicle from these people. She made it to the rusted Humvee. It was the color of canned sardines. She stood by her brother who was trying to rewire the ugly thing.