Chp 14

Isaias was jostled from his bunk by the first crash. He turned to his partner who had been reading a book. Marco looked as stunned as him to find himself on the floor. They rose and grabbed their guns filing out of the too-small room and running towards the sound of the crash. They were joined by Alejandro who was pale and sweaty.

"Ale? Do you have a fever?" Asked Marco scrunching his brows in worry.

"Yeah man, we're probably heading into battle right now," Isaias said.

Alejandro shrugged. "I drank the damn water but I haven't succumbed to the poison yet. I feel weaker and I am slower but that's about it."

"And you're running a small-grade fever," muttered Marco as they ran into the ballroom where almost every Guerrero was laid out.

"So, what? We're the only ones left to defend the boat now," asked Alejandro as he took in the ballroom. Most Guerreros couldn't get up at all, others were struggling to tie on their boots.

"Yup," said Isaias as they ventured towards the outside and whatever was waiting for them. All eyes were on the four lounging pirates who were sitting on top of a table relaxing. They took them in. The biggest one reminded them of a bull with bulging muscles and a big physique. Next to him was a lethal puma. Smaller in size but no less dangerous and his skin was a glowing violet indicating Galatian origins.

Next to him was what seemed a female weasel swallowed by a tan coat. The bull-man had a vest of light metal. The puma wore a trench coat of the lightest violet almost white. Then there was what seemed to be the ringleader. He seemed the most ordinary dressed in a long-sleeved dark shirt and baggy pants. No coat. His copper hair set him apart from the others. He looked up and crystal blue eyes widened.

"So this is where you've been hiding, brother. You left Gaia's army and joined a terrestrial one. Tell me, do they know about you and how you seem to just scatter when things get rough?"

Marco clenched his fists and spoke. "Stephan I will not play your games today. What do you want?"

"You should know what I want mind reader. As for games? You're about to play my favorite, Marco."

"Stephan you talk big but you couldn't even keep Edline safe."

Stephan's eyes narrowed. "Edline ran away a year ago and has been using her mind talents to stay hidden! I was the last to leave. A bit late I'm afraid, but I can answer that later. Where is the crystal?"

"Somewhere safe," replied Marco.

"Nowhere is safe for that thing...now where is it"

Isaias growled. "Like we're telling a pirate!" He yelled crossing his arms.

Stephan grinned. "Better than some mafia...hmm...you know where it is...it's with your sister."

"How! How did you..."

"Marco never told you about him? How he's a half traveler and half elemental?" Stephan smirked as Marco turned his head. Isaias glanced at Marco but said nothing. "Figures, even now he keeps secrets. That's how he is, you know. Until he abandons you ..."

"Enough! What I did on Gaia has no bearing here!"

"Oh? I think it does and I think it's time you paid for it!"

"Bring it on punk!" Isaias said uncrossing his arms.

Marco pushed him back." This is between my brother and me, Isaias. You concentrate on the bull and the puma and watch out, the puma is Galatian. No way of knowing what his gift could be."

Isaias eyed the two males and nodded. Where is Alejandro?

Already in the crow's nest getting ready to shoot the girl down, answered Marco as he eyed his brother who was smirking.