this again

There I was.

Standing in front of the school, i knew exactly what would happen as soon as I entered the building.

They were all going to stare, make fun of me. It's no different than the other times. I can't even believe I'm here. Well, i can't believe how im here.

I owe a big favour to Hillary, i tried to decline her request, I'd rather not borrow money, but the Osborn's insisted. And now we're here, new city, new school, new house and a new job.

I take a deep breath as i enter the building, preparing myself for the worst. This isn't my first time at a new school, but it has to be my last. Switching schools every year or so doesn't look good in a portfolio.

And there it was. The laughter. The stares. The making fun of my accent before i even spoke a word. Usually by now i excuse myself to the bathroom, which is the best case scenario, as compared to puking on someone else's shoes.

It's hard to make it through the hallway, especially with everyone crowding you, but a cry for help, asking where each locker is, is left unheard.

Here it goes again, counting each locker manually, because god forbid i get treated like a normal person, ever. "243... This should be it. I hope" i murmur to myself in hopes my counts were correct. "Well shit" i let out with a sigh, the password is incorrect, again. Nobody would tell me where anything is, so i did what i thought would be best to help stop my tears.

I was sat there, on the floor, sulking in front of my locker.

Few minutes passed, secretly i was hoping someone would notice me before I start crying. I hug my legs and place my head on top of my knees.

"Uhh... Hi?" Said a man, looking down on me. At first i thought it was another one of kids making fun of me because of the accent, but this guy... He was like me.

He puts out his hand, in hopes i hold it and get up. And i so i did.

"Uh I'm sorry... Is this your locker?" I ask the man, hopefully he wasn't a bully.

"Oh uh yea, it is. Are you the new girl?" He asked hesitantly.

"Is it that obvious?" I ask, wiping a single tear that has formed. "Do you know where locker 243 is? I wasn't able to see any locker numbers clearly because of the crowd..." I mustered up some confidence to ask him.

"That would be, the one right next to this one." He said while standing beside the locker and showing off the number written with jazz hands. "I'm Pavitr, Pavitr Prabhakar." The man introduced himself, putting an arm out to shake.

I reached for his open hand and shook it, smiling slightly. "Hindi or Urdu?" I asked this guy, it didn't really matter all that much, but might as well ask.

"Oh uh Hindi!" He shot back instantly.

"Don't you have an English name? Like do people not mispronounce your name a lot?" I asked this particularly cheery man.

"Well i haven't really thought about it actually. People do usually try not to say my name when talking about me now that you mention it." He replied, putting his right hand behind his head.

"Ah, anyways, im Y/N, Y/F/N. But usually people call me Y/E/N". I answered while putting my password in into the locker.

"Oh! Can I see your class schedule Y/N? I'll help you navigate the school before the bell rings" he says with cheer and while grabbing both my hands

"Oh that'd be absolutely lovely!" I reply trying to match his energy. I have him my schedule card and his eyes absolutely lit up.

"OH!! We're in the same class!!!" He lets go of one of my hands and basically drags me to class. Upon reaching he opens the door and says "after you m'lady".

"Relax Loverboy, we met 15 minutes ago." I said with a laugh. His smile immediately dropped and i quickly replied "NONO IM JUST KIDDING SORRY."

He offered me the seat next to him, as nobody else was sitting there. The tables were aligned in pairs, which made it a bit awkward but atleast i had my new friend here.

Class after class he would enthusiastically raise his hand to answer each question, whereas for me, i was trying to find everything in the absolutely colourful notes book I made. Im not really a big fan of colourful stuff, but colours helped me understand everything better.

During physics i could see Pav glancing over at my notes and grinning. I thought he was thinking how someone dressed like me has such colourful notes, which is usually the case. But he then took out his book of notes and presented it to me. I tried hard not to laugh, but his notes were as chaotic as mine. I let out a small smirk, which apparently the teacher noticed.

"Ms Y/E/S/N and Mr Parbicker, is there anything to laugh about with what i am saying? Pay attention at this moment because we're discussing the group project for this month. We're going to have on each month so be prepared. These will be 30% of your total final grade and submitting on time, along with neatness, will help you get a letter of recommendation from all teachers which can also be photocopied and put into your portfolios." Lectured the physics teacher while me and Pavitr tried not to laugh at the incredible fumbling of his surname.

"Additionally, your seatmate is going to be your partner for each project. Partners can NOT be changed. Take this list and write the names of each pair of partners" added the teacher while a ton of groans were heard throughout the class. Atleast i wasn't paired with one of the bullies.

End of chapter one (1002 words)