the end?

(lolol not the Minecraft foreshadowing)

I tie my hair, staring at my reflection in the mirror. It's unbelievable to think that this might be the last time I see myself in this particular mirror. Well, seeing myself alive. My insecurities take a pause, just for this moment.

I look at my face, my hair, which I love, but sometimes it annoys me with it's uneven partitions. My eyes, which I always adored, until someone told me one was bigger than the other. My nose, which i never really cared about until i saw myself in photos. My smile, the one feature that ruins everything.

But it's fine. I won't see this again, not on my alive body. It's good to appreciate it before I'm too far gone.

It'd be kinda embarrassing how I told everyone I'll most likely die today and then I end up surviving.

I stare at my wrist watch, watching the second hand ticking. Time seems to be going slower than usual. My head hurts.

It was dead silent. I could hear the ticking from the watch without anything else stopping it.

I hallucinate at the wall, wondering what would happen if I really died today. Would anyone figure it out? Would they care? It seems as if i set standards which were way too high for the others. People at school already hate me. Maybe the Avengers will show up to my funeral.

It's a funny thing, a phenomenon found only in books created by Tony simps. Some of the creations made by his simps broke me, proof that Tony Stark had a heart? I locked myself in my room for a week after reading that. Samriddhi lent me the book back when I was in Florida.

I have met many brown people during my time in America, but I guess none of us really embrace our culture anymore. Pav was so different, he made me feel like myself again. He reminded me of what it felt like to live in India, except the pedophilia and catcalling part. Im so glad I got to meet him in this lifetime.

I hate how no matter how much i want to, i never got to reveal everything to him, hopefully the letters do a good enough job at it. But they'll never do justice to everything I really want to say.

Maybe i was pretty, and deserved all the love I got. I'm not the best at expressing myself, yet people still liked to be around me. I think that's beautiful. The most perfect man in the world? He fell in love with me. That can't be for no reason.

Maybe the world is beautiful, I just never appreciated it enough. I guess the saying runs true, you don't realise the worth of something until it's gone. I won't be able to go on cute picnic dates, atleast not with someone who wasn't using me for money. Sometimes the fact that someone so pure, so charming, who seemed like they were the one, was only with you to buy a new tv. What an investment of your time.

I hear a buzz coming from my phone, I guess it's time to leave for school. My hair was barely holding up, my smile seemed as if it would drop any moment, atleast it felt that way. I walk to school, glancing at all the leaves fallen on the floor, almost all being completely dried and yellow. On a different day i'd step on them to hear their crunch, today I left them be, what could've happened? Nothing would really have changed.

I take a deep breath as I enter the school gate, smiling to myself a bit. Last day I guess. Only 16 hours left. Atleast i can make the most of my last day. I want to break some rules.

Wait. SHIELD has control over the school... And I'm not sure I'm gonna die today. I know someone who can tell me for sure.

I take a deep breath, once again, as i tap a button on my watch. We're going back to the spider hq. Only Miguel would know if I'm meant to die today. I could pull all kinds of shit.

A blue like portal opened, i wasn't in front of the school, just hidden I guess. I enter the portal, it gave me a bit of a whiplash, but it's worth it, probably my last one ever.

I was familiar enough with the place, I knew exactly where Miguel's office was, I was still a bit scared of him, but it's all gonna be worth it in the end. Right?

I look up at the man, who was once again looking at videos of his life before the canon event, videos of his daughter...

"Hey? Miguel? Can I ask you something?" I don't think this was a good time to ask anything, but it's fine. He's really sensitive right now, but it's alright. It'll be the last time he has to worry about me.

"I don't want any coffee, I'm busy. Come back later" he said, not taking his eyes off of the screen.

"I do not think that staring at your past is gonna help anything. And I'm not here to bring you your coffee, I wanna ask something. I'll make it quick" I reply, staring at the blue screen which i could see mirrored from behind.

"Oh it's you. Should've known. Make it quick." He said, his voice deep and sharp enough to murder anyone just by saying hi.

"Am I going to die today?" I speak, not letting any moment go to waste.

He stared back at the blue screen and started going through different screens, which seems to resemble a timeline.

"It's not your time yet kid." He said, switching screens again and shooing me away.

What did he mean yet? Is death on the brink? Am i too late to go back? Everyone's gonna make fun of me for lying to them. Oh no.