the real mission

"you started it" i say while i threw pillow at her.

"Oh slumber party is it?" She replied by throwing a pillow back at me.

After doing stuff with our not long enough and chipped nails, and finishing some random series we found on Netflix, we saw a web on my window.

"Hey gwen, you wouldn't happen to have done that would you?" I asked.

"Not me, i came by portal" she replied.

"So either Spidey is on patrol or we're breaking a canon. Not a big fan of the two choices we're stuck with." I replied.

"Eh, what will Miguel do?" She laughed.

"Yea not like he's a fucking vampire or something like that. It's been time since i was last in the spiderverse, i don't remember" i went on.

"Looks like it's just Pav on patrol. Oh my that sounds a lot like paw patrol. Do you guys have that show here?" She asked, changing the channels on the tv.

"Yea, I'm not sure they still play it on cable, but we had used to have it. I didn't watch it a lot though, y'know with the living with the Avengers since i was 5." I bragged.

"Oh yea and where did that get you?" She crossed her arms and stared at the source of power.

"Oh shut up you-" i threw another pillow at her. "Wait you're a spiderperson. WE SHOULD SO TOTALLY MAKE A PILLOW CASTLE! Or a web slash pillow castle..."

"WHY DID I NEVER THINK OF THAT. THAT SEEMS FUN!" She replied.

After it being about 3am we went to bed, knowing i had to wake up in an hour for school. "Hey gwen you should come to school with us, Pav would be definitely surprised."

"Sure" she said, half asleep.

"Gwen how long before these webs dissolve?"

"5 hours" she continued on in her sleep.

"GWEN" i said realising that the castle we were sleeping on was going to collapse any moment now.

"Nah I'm just kidding, i used my dissolving webs, unlike their name, they only dissolve using this other thing i have on my web slinger thing" she laughed in her sleep.

"Trrring drrrring drrring" the alarm rang, 4am. Time to wake up. A normal person wouldn't be able to wake up, but as someone who spent a lot of time on patrol, getting barely an hour of sleep and functioning like normal, i was easily able to get ready.

"Gwen wake up. Gwen. Gwen. Gwen wake up. School." I said to annoy her.

"NO! 10 MORE MINUTES!" she replied angrily. I then threw water at her because I felt like it.

"Wake up shithead" i said.

"Fuck you" She groaned.

As we reached school, i needed ton of help from Gwen to carry me, especially with what happened yesterday.

"Just forward from here" i pointed her towards my locker.

"I'll meet you later, I'll be hanging in Coulson's office till lunch" she said as she left.

"How do you know who Coulson is???" I asked her but she was far gone.

"How does who know who Coulson is?" Asked Pavitr, who was standing behind me.

"Hey Pav, have you met the new student? You guys seem to have a ton of new students." I asked

"Uh not yet" he said as he leaned to his locker, cross armed.

"Why are you staring at me like you need me to give you my lunch money? I thought we agreed on not bullying each other at school" i looked at his stance as i tried to copy it.

"Just open your locker" he said, smiling.

"Alright alright but if there's a boxing glove inside waiting to punch me I'm gonna annoy the fuck out of you by saying naan bread and chai tea" i said.

"Just open the locker m'lady" he said.

"Okay Loverboy" i replied, opening my locker, to a note.

"Will you go to prom with me?" Was written on the note.

"Huh? It's prom season already?" I said as i closed my locker to find a bouquet of roses in Pav's hands. "Okay Loverboy, you got my attention. But you gotta prove that you're worthy enough" i laughed.

"As you say" he said with a bow.

I completely lost track of time. I've been at this school for 5 months already? I guess time does fly fast.

4 periods went by, Pav answering each question in every class while also being completely distracted, staring at me.

Finally lunch time.

"Gwen!" Me and Pav both said at the same time, in slightly different tones, his being more surprised and scared.

"You two know each other?" Both me and Pav said at the same time. I already knew the answer but it's always fun to see him confused. He's so cute.

"Oh yea i met Y/E/N this morning. And i met Pav like an year ago, we don't talk that much though. It's a surprise to see you here." She said as she winked at me.

"I think lunch is about to be over, i was only here for a visit, I'll leave now. Also Pav, Miguel says he'd like it if you dropped by sometimes" she said as she left.

"Guess we won't be meeting today then huh?" He said looking towards me.

"I wouldn't say that for sure..." I replied with a wink.

"You're right. It should only take a minute... Wait what?" He was confused by my choice of words.

"You'll find out someday Loverboy" as soon as you voluntarily reveal your identity to me, then maybe a few days later, I'll do the same.

After school i disappeared, like always, and somehow for once, Pav did too. Although his was more literal.

I went back home and cleaned myself up, taking a nap. If anything happens they can just call me. It's not a big deal. I need some sleep. I deserve it.

I should go meet Tony. He'd know what to do with the power source. No i gotta wait some time. I also told Pav I'd meet him today. Would hate to ghost him once again.