the ones from the past

Okay Y/N. You've gotta meet your 'guardians' one last time. It'll be hell for them to lose you without you even meeting them one last time. You were their child.

I was sat on my bed, all windows down, no light, just me. Alone.

I scrolled through my phone, searching for his number.

R.... S... T. There it was. Tony Stark.

Ring ring

The phoen repeated, as it called the number.

"The number you have dialed, is not answering. Please try again later" replied back the phone.

I'll get the call back in an hour, i knew that much. Tony has this whole process before he really ever answers anyone on his phone. He scans the ip, sees who resides there, then calls back when he thinks it's either a threat or someone he knows. But the numbers he calls from differs each time. Billionaire stuff i guess.

Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick

The clock went. Me wondering if it's talking to me. Might as well be. I glance at the papers on my desk, wondering how to submit them. So many papers.

Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick.

Maybe the thing that's ticking is my brain. Wondering how long I can keep doing this for.

Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick.

Each time the ticks seem to go faster. Like an alarm. Wait what. I didn't set an alarm.

I open my eyes, sit up straight and stare at the call on my phone. T. Stark, read the caller id.

I press the green button.

"Hello? Who am I speaking to?" Said the line, it wasn't Tony's voice, he probably upgraded his defence team.

"This is Y/N, Y/S/N. Am i on the line for Tony?" I asked.

"Voice confirmed, we are redirecting you to Tony" replied the woman on the line.

Ting

"Y/N? Is that you? The IP didn't really match up, so we had to do some more checking, sorry about that." Said a voice i recognised to be Tony's.

"TONY! Hi! Yeah it's me! I wanted to send out my regards, I might die soon because of something called a canon event, Strange probably knows stuff about it. I thought about how all of you raised me, so I thought it'd be some closure if talked once before I go." I say, unstopped. I knew what I wanted to say, and the words just flew out of my mouth.

"I understand. Do you mind doing a video call with everyone instead?" He asked.

"I think that'd be for the best" I reply, seeing me getting redirected to the video call.

"One sec, I'm just calling everyone out."
He said, rolling his chair so that I can't see his face anymore, and typing something.

2 minutes in and everyone was assembled in his office.

"Oh Y/N! It's nice to see you again! How's life? Uh and stuff" said banner, quickly then changing into a whisper "what do kids do these days?".

"I'm fine Bruce, and PS I can hear that" I smiled into the screen. It was great seeing everyone again.

"So I see you're back in Manhattan? Tony was a bit excited to see your call but finding out you went back to Manhattan was a bit surprising" said Steve, getting closer onto the screen.

"Yea... So there was a reason that Stephen wanted me to go to Manhattan first. Also why he didn't tell you about me being here..." I say, realising it's time for truth to finally be out.

"We should've listened to him, it could've stopped a lot of trauma" i continued.

"More trauma than losing your friend and all those things your parents did to you?" Asked Tony.

"You see... Did Fury tell you about how I joined SHIELD when I left for California? Yeaaaaaahhhh.... So like... One thing worse than both of those things is your friends dying in the middle of battles..." I say, not wanting to relive that moment.

"Also this thing got damaged... A bit..." I say, raising my power source a bit.

"Oh god. You should've come to us! We could've helped you!" Said Wanda.

"I'm afraid I'm on a deadline. Almost quite literally. Aside from the power source being damaged, theres this thing called a 'canon event' which I am unfortunately a part of. Which is why I should've moved to Manhattan in the first place like Strange said. I don't think there's anything I can't do to change it, but i wanted to settle in my goodbyes to everyone. It was nice seeing you guys again" I said, after which I heard a creak of a door in the call.

"Daddy... Who are you talking to?" Said the voice of a little child.

"Oh this is Y/N! I've told you stories about her right? Yea well this is her!" Tony said, running towards the child and picking her up.

"Y/N, I'd like you to meet my little kiddo. I think i forgot to tell you, but I'm married! To Pepper!" He said excitedly.

I couldn't help but smile.

"HIII!! AWWW you are so cutee" i couldn't stop grinning. She was adorable.

But i couldn't talk forever, so after a while we said our goodbyes. Although I knew I'd meet Strange again, he comes by sometimes to check how I'm doing.

I closed my laptop, we had transferred the call to it when everyone else joined in. I pack it away, and clean up the house, probably for one of the last times. I can't believe i came here for a new start, a new beginning. But I didn't know i was just a part of a web, a web canon if you may. I thought my problems would just end, magically, as soon as I got here. I'd get a good job after graduation, friends who will stay.

But I guess that's my canon. Death. Eternal doom.

But I don't even know if I'm actually a part of the canon, I've just been told I am. So what if the canon can be changed. And i don't have to live like this anymore.

That would be beautiful.