crack of dawn

Today's the day, the day that I leave for the absolute hell of a week I'm going to have at HYDRA. I'm well acquainted with their idea of "fun". Killing people for no reason, yeah, that does sound like a ton of fun.

I haven't seen Y/N since last night when we talked about some of our favourite shows and movies. As for the team, we're gonna have one more meeting before i leave, which should be right about now, I'm just waiting for the others to get here and not abandon me like last time.

After a few minutes of waiting, Tiger, PM, and Iron Fist show up, it is very on point for Nova to not show up on time, or just not show up at all.

I could see a pitiful expression on Danny and Ava's faces, as they glanced at each other, but Luke didn't seem that bothered. Looks like this is it, hopefully i survive the week.

We have a quick meeting about how everything is going to work out for the next week, and how to approach if i ever need backup.

It was a goodbye, sure, but it felt like the end of the world. Maybe because it could end up like so. Hydra is like the complete opposite of SHIELD, and they've got all the big bad heroes with them, and they probably already maybe don't like me because of what Fury told me about Uncle.

We all shook hands and left our own ways, even though the others live at the helicarrier itself. I webbed my way back home, im gonna miss doing this.

I once again climbed in through the window of my room, like i always do. It'd be weird to not be able to do this for an entire week.

I had all final preparations ready, and using the technology from Y/N's old suit, i was able to shrink down the communication devices so that HYDRA will never know about me being a superhero.

But this came with a problem, there was a camera attached to my iris, like lenses, and I had 20/20 vision after getting bit by that spider, so that means, if HYDRA does a check for cameras, they're going to make me remove my camera lenses, and that could be a problem.

That probably wasn't the best way to explain it, but the team at SHIELD explained it better. But the point is, I have to wear glasses again, as a fashion choice, to put it simply. The plus point atleast, is that there's an SOS button on the glasses, so if anything goes wrong, Fury will send out a team to help me here.

I wore the lenses and the glasses, had a handbag hanging off from my shoulder and my suitcase dragging along the wood plated floor, I don't know why, but I loved the sound of the wheels hitting the wood, something so soothing, probably exactly what I need before leaving for HYDRA.

I bring all my stuff downstairs, while I wait for Aunty to do pooja save me from any bad thing happening. HYDRA is ruthless. It was a long ritual, but it was exactly what I needed for this trip.

I sat on the sofa, and checked my digital non-work related watch for the time. HYDRA is going to send a car to pick me up and take me to their facility. This could be a major breakthrough on SHIELD's search for their headquarters.

I hear a honking noise outside, telling me that the car is here, and im ready to be taken to HYDRA. I inform Fury about this through a message on a disposable phone, which I will be leaving home. I hugged Maya Aunty, insuring to her that I will make it back home safely in one week from now. And i pray to the picture of Krishna on the wall, while Aunty puts a tika on my forehead.

The Spiderman journey only gets harder from here onwards.

I unlocked the door, dreading each step, I'm sure I'll get back, but what if something goes horribly wrong?

I step into a black Lamborghini, which was surrounded by two black Hondas, in hopes that I don't escape or if SHIELD packs a massive last minute attack.

"You here to take me to HYDRA right? It'd be awkward if i got into the wrong car" I said to the driver.

"Yes. Hail HYDRA" he replied, brainwashed or what, am I right?

"Ohh- kayyyy" i elongated my words, this is going to be a long car ride. "Isn't there some sort of security check you guys do? Like you just let a random guy into your car. I don't think the higher up- uhh- your bosses, will be too happy about this" i said, trying to throw him off.

"Listen here kid. I'm not here by will, i got a job to do, and rent to pay, so shut up and- just do whatever, don't bother me" he said annoyingly. What a very fun car ride.

"So the best job you could find was HYDRA? Let me guess, they had some dirt on you which could ruin your life, and you had to come work at HYDRA?" I said snarkily, anything to get under their skin.

"Kid, i got a gun in my pocket, so do yourself a favour and shut up. If you die, your little aunt will be next in line, and we don't want that do we?" he threatened.

"Oh that's a gun! I thought you were just very excited to see me" i gave a death stare to him from the rear view mirror, and then stared at the gun he had in his pocket.

"Tsk" he said, staring back at me. "Are you one of those inhuman freaks who think nothing can happen to them because of their powers?" he said, not stopping the eye contact.

"And... If I am? Wasn't your organisation the one who literally lost so many of its leaders to get rid of them" i wasn't familiar with history of SHIELD, but i knew some parts.