Avengers Tower

(we're switching back to Y/N POV, this is what happens in her POV after chapter 25)

I could feel myself getting weaker, each step, each breath, weaker every second.

Is this what dying feels like?

I acted like I'm just fine in front of Pav, but am i? If I feel like I'm going to fall down and die any second, am I really okay?

I can feel my energy getting drained from my body, entering the powersource. I wish I was like Ava, being able to take the heirloom off whenever I felt like it, but atleast i know if I die in a fight because someone took it, atleast I'd die trying to protect this heirloom.

It's not technically an heirloom, I mean it is, but the power is unnatural, it's artificial, it was made by two people who ended up hating each other and me.

Not a good first memory for a three year old kid.

I'd always been homeschooled, until Tony finally let me go to a school in New York and I met Hillary, after that, well now we're here.

My powers were protected, I was safe, but that was before I decided that I wanted to go to a public school, because then I met the Green Goblin, and Dr Otto Octavion, or Occy, who was the reason for my powersource being damaged.

I think the damaging of the powersource just burnt the image of all my teammates and everyone I cared about dying in front of me, into my head. I see it every night in my dreams, it's like my punishment. My job isn't to kill villains, it's to protect innocent people, and people I care about.

Atleast that was my job, I retired before moving to Manhattan, and I just come back whenever it is really necessary.

Then we had a huge fight with the sinister six, and my boyfriend's ex girlfriend who turned into a villain by my ex boyfriend... Long story.

The powersource drained so much of my energy that I'm back at the Avengers Tower. A lot has changed since I was last here.

Upon entering through millions of security checks, we found an arena where Steve was teaching Ms Marvel, Squirrel Girl and Kate Bishop how to be better fighters.

I waved from outside, and as soon as the timer in the arena stopped, all four came outside to greet us.

"Great job there in the arena guys, you've improved since we last fought" i said, knowing I'm never gonna fight with them again, I'm actually retiring this time.

I'd been on many SHIELD missions during my time there, and I fought alongside many superheroes, by many I mean most that reside in the states. I was on a mission every day.

"Y/N! It's so great to see you again!" said Kamala, coming in for a hug. I'd met her on our mission to find a minor villain called Charles.

Yea, his name was literally just Charles. He wasn't even a threat, he stole some electronic equipment and the police somehow got intimidated and SHIELD had to issue a mission, and Kamala was still in training so she came with me. She's definitely improved a lot.

"Hey uh- Steve, where's Tony? I have to get my PS fixed" i asked

"He should be in his office, or in the scrap suit creator room thing he has, that man has way too many suits than he needs. Electricity is a liability for superheroes, and he knows that too"

"A lot of us here are only alive because of electricity, so you can't really blame it"

"Guess so, i mean I wouldn't be a superhero if it weren't for electricity, but maybe it's not the best idea to have your suit be based off of it"

"Tell that to SHIELD"

He laughed and then went back to the arena with the other two. Me and Pav headed towards Tony's office and knocked on the door, waiting for Iron Man to respond and begin testing, the sooner the better.

"Come in" said the voice of a man who was growing older, his voice was different, it was deeper and more coarse and shaky. I dont know if it was because of his new job being a father, or just the usual aging pattern.

I walked in first, Pav following behind slowly, this was new territory for him, and while I basically grew up here, so much had changed that I too seemed lost.

"Ah! Y/N! It's great to see you again, unfortunately it couldn't be on better circumstances" Tony said, getting up from his seat, using more support from his surroundings than usual.

"Hey Tony, you- uh- okay?" I asked, taking a step forward towards him.

"Just sleep deprivation"

"I thought you were rich enough to get enough sleep"

"But my brain won't work this way after sleeping"

"It might be a nice refresh?"

"No"

"Just get some sleep. We don't need you hallucinating during the procedure"

"Yea no I got that"

I smiled at him in pity, why can't people stay forever? Why must they leave you at some point?

"And this is-?"

"Oh! Pavitr Prabhakar! He's Spiderman and also... My boyfriend..."

"Uh huh, okay then"

Tony took a few steps towards Pav, analysing his body language and sensing his discomfort.

"Are you like this on the field?" Asked Tony, curious.

"Uh-! N-no? Sir?" Pavitr replied, awestruck.

"Hm, interesting choice there Y/N. Better than the last guy atleast, what was his name again-?"

"Tony let's not talk about this right now, we just had a huge fight against him and his team" I answered

"Is that the reason for-" he pointed towards my PS "that?"

"Kind of? Last time I fought them alone and it was very exhausting and it's a long story! I'm sure you can extract it from my brain sometime during the procedure" i replied

"Uh huh uh huh" he replied, almost dozing off