always the fool

It was hard to believe that Iron Fist, also known as one of my best friends from SHIELD, Danny Rand, was working for HYDRA. Surely he was also sent on a mission similar to mine?

But do they know that he's the Iron Fist?

I didn't have time to question anything, except for the mission I've been sent here for, find out what Uncle did, and get out alive, and also try not to out yourself as Spiderman.

I tried to understand everything that was happening, but it wasn't easy, there were three guards behind me, who were pushing me to a meeting room, while i stared at Danny, feeling a little betrayed. I should've atleast been told about his arrival and involvement in the quest.

I was dragged through the hallway for about ten minutes until they threw me into a sort of a meeting room. I don't understand why I had to be dragged, when I was here by my own will, and as far as I know, my identity as Spiderman has not yet been revealed.

The room was painted white, with green waves on each wall and an octopus head  painted on the wall opposite to the door, the octopus was probably meant to signify the logo of HYDRA, but it wasn't the symbol itself, just the head.

"What's this place then?" I asked, trying to act not scared but then I instantly changed my mood.

I'm no longer Spiderman, I'm just Pavitr Prabhakar, a guy who's uncle was involved in illegal activities and now he has to pay the price instead. I am just a normal everyday citizen.

"This is the HYDRA meeting room. It's built specifically for..." she looked at me and pointed at me disgustingly "cases like yours. You'd be surprised how many student heirs of ex-HYDRA agents we get everyday".

She picked up a file from the big table placed in the middle of the room and skimmed through the pages, while staring at the guards in the room.

"Pavitr Prabhakar..." she continued looking at the pages "guardian... Bhim Prabhakar..." she stared at me "blood relation to Bhim... Unknown."

Her eyes gave me an interested stare, like she was studying my character based off my posture or something. I took a step back, as I was a bit put off by this.

Suddenly a notification chimed on her watch, which had her expression change five times in one second.

"I'm afraid you're gonna have to stay here for a few more days than I'd like. You're off the mission. I'm sure nobody will notice you not going to school for another week"

I stared at her blankly. What could've even been written in that message to have her change her mind.

She looked at all the guards in the room and nodded slightly, dismissing them.

"Daniel," she raised her hand slightly and called Danny towards her, to which he complied.

"Give Mr Prabhakar a tour of all the places he can go. He'll need it. HYDRA isn't all bad y'know" she said and she walked away, fixing her suit.

Danny came up to me and smiled, "don't pay too much attention to Agent Phillips. She's only doing her best to make sure we all are happy and keep complying"

That was so unlike him to say. Was he mind wiped? No, Danny is my partner, he's just acting.

"It's unfortunate you could not join me in my... Mission to find Spiderman's identity." He continued.

He scared me a bit, as if he wasn't really acting.

Then his watch chimed as well, and he didn't let me see the message, but his expression was surprised, and he stopped in his tracks. His eyes widened as he stared at the floor, then he closed his eyes and sighed, and smiled again, looking at me like nothing happened.

But his glare changed, it seemed more pitiful, everytime he got too lost in his thoughts, he almost lost his smile and tears started forming in his eyes, but then he was fine again.

I tried to console him, from whatever might have bothered him. I know he's strong, stronger than anyone in the team. Okay maybe not as much as Luke, but Danny was pretty strong in his mind too, so I know this was pretty bad.

"Let's sneak out," he said. He looked better now, maybe. "Phillips won't notice, actually, she won't care."

"Let's" i replied, as he took me to the entrance of the facility and we just...

Left. Just like that. Nothing else happening, no checks or anyone stopping us. We just left.

"You can use your spider powers or whatever a few blocks out, meet me and the team at Blue Pancakes in two hours? See you then" he said and walked away.

I walked a bit, trying to hide my face, ignoring everything in the near distance, until I was sure i was far enough away from the facility. I was wearing a hoodie so I hid my face with it, and started climbing the wall behind an ally way, after checking it was empty of course.

It felt nice being able to climb again.

I got to the top of the building and stared down at the world. What a wonderful time to be alive. Except the evil facility currently on the lookout to maybe probably kill you because of your escape. No big deal.

I couldn't go to SHIELD, because I'm sure that there's most likely someone keeping tabs on me right now. I can't go home either, because then Aunty will be in trouble, and I can't protect her if I myself am trapped in an EVIL FACILITY.

I don't know what god is responsible for freeing their innocent pupils from EVIL FACILITIES.

Maybe my best bet is to go to the Nueva York, but something tells me that someone is here. And also I don't have my watch with me right now so that's a problem.