a secret unfolded

Well that was some closure i guess. I don't die today. What a wonderful thing.

So even with this broken powersource i can fight today, right? If I'm not supposed to die today, might as well have the others not die too.

Whatever.

I come back to my earth and check the time.

9:30am, looks like 3 class periods have passed. I can just lie, so it's fine.

I grabbed my bag, stuffing my suit inside of it, and entering through an open window at the side of the class. No teacher was in class yet so it was fine.

I notice all the kids staring at me and I put my finger on top of my lips, hoping they don't snitch on me. I drop my bag near the sit im assigned to, next to Pav, and put my head down against my table, i was exhausted. One trip down to the Spiderverse and i was exhausted. Not a good look.

Pav looked over at me and raised an eyebrow, confused as to what i just did because of which I missed 3 class periods.

"I went to ask Miguel something. Turns out I'm not dying today!" I say grudgingly. I could tell he was absolutely flabbergasted, not in a good way. I hadn't told him about the dying part, oops.

"O-kay... I'm gonna need more context on that" he said, his face completely portraying the emotion of confusion. If there was a human version for confusion, it'd be Pav.

"Relax Loverboy, I'll tell you later at prom" i smirked at him, and punched him lightly on his shoulder.

"Ow." He said.

"Okay maybe I can't punch lightly, but that's fine right? Saves for a better day?" I jerked my shoulders up, raising my eyebrows in the process as well.

I hear a ding from my phone, i don't usually get notifications, i wonder what this is about.

"Thegranolabear has requested to follow you" the notification read.

Who's this guy? I check the notification and find that it's the guy from Gayatri's post. Mystery man.

Alistair Smythe. His name is Alistair Smythe.

I knew him once. He was my best friend, and for a while, my boyfriend, back when I was in Florida.

He was a great guy, but he hated everyone else. He was the reason I took a break from all relationships, i was scarred.

He had an evil past. He was working on making costumes and better gear, but for the villains. He was then recruited by Norman to be the second vulture, which he accepted.

He worked like The Lizard, trying to get whoever he thought was capable enough to join his team of vultures. He was unsuccessful during my time with him, but he kept trying to get me to join. He never knew I was Y/S/H/N.

Wait so this could only mean...

"Gayatri is a part of Ock's team." I said out loud. But not too loud, just enough for Pav to hear.

"Slow down. What do you mean?" He asked.

"Okay I'm sorry, but I was stalking Gayatri- and on her post she- I don't have time to explain. She's a Vulture." I said, my thoughts spiraling my head.

"A Vulture? I thought there was only A VULTURE. What-? Gayatri? Are you sure?" He was in the same state of confusion I was.

"I don't know none of this makes sense why did he target- oh god they know. Pav they know about- YOU" i stare at him, completely in shock.

"Wait. You think they know about-?" He asked, his eyes wide open. He was terrified.

"THAT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING. Why else would they be- here? Tonight? How would they know?" I said, not understanding how this happened.

"How- how do they know? Was there a breach? What-???? We've got to clear out the prom!" He was concerned for everyone's well being.

"No. We have to give them what they want, they seem to have it all planned, but we can stay 2 steps ahead of them. We'll need help from Spiderman and Y/S/H/N." I say, trying to hide the fact that we are the superheroes ourselves.

We both nod at each other, and wait for class to end, the teacher just entered the room and started teaching. We took out our books and notebooks, and some pens, highlighters, whatever. It didn't matter right now.

Only 15 minutes were left of class, we'll be free by 10:00am. It's not a lot of time to prepare, but it can subjectively work.

We needed an out, thankfully, we worked with SHIELD. And SHIELD worked at the school.

I sent a message to Coulson, asking him to getting us a get out of class free card.

Within 5 seconds an announcement was played on the speakers.

"Can Y/E/N Y/E/S/N and Pavitr Prabhakar please report to the principal's office? Thank you" the announcement spoke.

We saw this as our sign and stuffed everything on our table into our bag and left the class, almost sprinting to Coulson's office.

"COULSON. THE SINISTER SI- SEV- WHATEVER, THEY KNOW ABOUT PAV BEING SPIDERMAN." I put my hands on his table, the meeting of the palm and the surface of the marble making an audible noise.

Phil was a bit confused but he understood it was important.

"We need you to cancel prom and have all the young looking SHIELD agents be here instead. Take those students who you think are fit enough to fight and teach them how to shoot." A quick plan spurted from my mouth.

I see him nod as he asks for backup from another speakerphone which was planted on his desk, this one, talking to SHIELD.

Phil's face had a stern look on it. He knew the plan could work, but he didn't know how. The plan was well set up, but was it really good enough? What if we were wrong? And there really wasn't going to be an attack today, that they'll ambush us while we prepare for the ambush. This isn't gonna put us 2 steps again, it might be one step forward and two steps back.