Prom

Wow. I can't believe everything I've done for the past- for the past months, they've all led up to this moment. I'm not sure if I'm excited that I'll finally get my revenge, or terrified that it's going to not end well.

That doesn't matter, i have a fake prom to enjoy. Nothing can make this better except finding out that the villains have already been defeated and I can go ahead and enjoy my life like normal.

I open my phone and scroll through Instagram, trying to stall time.

A story was posted, by Gayatri, oh god. This can't really end well right?

She took a mirror pic in lime green tight fitted clothing and captioned it "tonight!!".

They're definitely attacking today. This is all my fault.

SHIELD managed to take out the tracker from my powersource without it harming me, it's a risk, but i had to take it.

I can't really believe everything worked, somehow my plan was perfect. Atleast so far.

Only the execution matters now, of the plan and of the opposing team. I don't even know what to call them anymore, i don't know how many of them are active and are going to attack. Maybe just The Sinisters is a good name.

It was about 7pm now, prom would start in half an hour. I was in the lehenga that Pav gave me, the one he originally got for Gayatri and now she's a supervillain. I wonder how this could ever go wrong.

I was being sarcastic, i can't believe I have to think that to myself.

I couldn't see my imperfections today, only the beautiful beads and glass shards sewn on into the lehenga. It was absolutely gorgeous.

I had to wear my suit underneath the lehenga unfortunately, never a good and happy day for Y/N, only one that ends in tragedy.

But it's fine, it's about the journey, not the destination. But if the destination is surviving and not having to worry about The Sinisters anymore, I'm all for it

I leave the school bathroom, meeting Pav, who was in a suit. He had bought an "Indian" suit, which matched mine, but the guy wearing a very design filled set being missing, is gonna bat some eyes. Knowing just my identity is bad enough, but knowing Pav's? That's gonna ruin everything.

I'm a nepo baby, i know that. But Pav? He's only a kid, and he has to make money for both him and his Maya aunty, so that they don't starve to death. Not to mention he juggles all this along with being a superhero in secret.

Yeah, SHIELD does give a good income but it'll never be enough to actually feed a family with a child who still goes to school and has plans to go to University.

It's fine, none of this will matter, 10 minutes until prom starts.

"Scared? I know I am." Said Pav, walking around back and forth, trying to calm himself down.

"More nervous than scared, it's gonna be weird to see Alistair again. Everything's gonna be so weird. I know we have everything planned out, but this? Even a single wrong move can blow the entire plan" i reply, taking a long sigh at the end of my mini unmotivating speech.

"Tell me about it! Gayatri was actually the last person I'd ever expect to be a villain, aside from Aunty, Bhim Uncle even though he's dead, maybe Fury but I'd kinda expect that honestly." He said, trying to list the names of people he trusted.

"Ouch! Can't believe I didn't make the list, it hurts bad!" I said sarcastically, knowing that I'd kinda expect myself to be the villain as well.

"Well- you see- i uhh- so uhm- okay so uhm- I also didn't add Harry-?" He said, raising his shoulders, trying to justify his words.

"Relax Loverboy, I would expect myself to be the villain too, i mean, having a tracker on me for months while I got close to you and now I'm the real reason an attack is happening anyway? Yea, it's kinda sus. Also the Harry part is just because of the Spiderverse, I'm not fucking stupid dumbass" i tried to calm him down, he's like a puppy.

"Okayyyyyyy... 2 minutes by the way, you ready?" He asked, looking at his wristwatch.

"Not in the slightest! Ock already damaged my powersource once, doing it again? It might actually be my canon event coming early!" I say, a bit worried.

"Not going to happen. I'm on your side this time! And I think we make a good team! And we also don't have any time to think! Prom has officially started..." He seemed a bit unsure of himself, so many talks about how everything was going to go well and yet, he was the one who lost hope in himself.

I hugged him, tight, assuring him that we can do this. I held his hand, our fingers interlocking as we enter through the doors of our gym, and stare at the bright prom decorations.

Everyone else had already arrived and the DJ, who was actually a SHIELD agent, was playing upbeat music.

I dragged Pav to the dance floor, and started to help him get into the groove and loosen up. He closed his eyes, and the DJ switched to more Desi music, everyone can dance to Bollywood music, even if they don't realise what's playing.

When the song played, i immediately recognised it. I haven't been to thousands of Indian wedding whilst not knowing 4/5th of those people for nothing.

Gallan Goodiyan, that's the song. It was a must play song at every wedding or festival, and rightfully so, you can never get bored of dancing to it. It's a family song.

We lost ourselves in the music, dancing to the choreography that everyone have decided was the official one. It was a perfect moment. Or maybe just the calm before the storm.

My watch beeped, along with Pav's, and also the ones of more than half of the people who were there. They were here.

We continued on dancing like if was nothing, waiting for them to make the first move.

A/N

I was gonna stretch this chapter out more but I think that will kinda ruin the next chapter and stuff. I also thought I left this at 790 words lol. Anyways,

Oh god i can't believe we're almost at the end of Y/N's life! Thank you all so much for your support! It's a bit overwhelming but i love reading through all the support you guys give. Ily 💗