choices

"I think that's the basic synopsis of the mission. I haven't read the case files yet, this is just what Fury told me." I said, putting down the pad of paper and the lead pencil down on the table.

"Oh that's cool- not really though, I guess to be honest. I get where you're coming from. It basically is a suicide mission." Said Y/N, making her way towards me.

"But my coming here, to Manhattan, was also a suicide mission. And I survived! And right now I'm at the best place in life I've ever been. Maybe it's not a risk, but a new chance! Your Uncle would be so proud of you! He would love for you to take this opportunity to stop HYDRA once and for all!" She said, picking up the paper pad and skimming through all the points written on it.

"I know! I know! But- I don't want to end up losing you, or Aunty. Or the team" i said, pacing around the room with my hands on my head.

"Maybe you should talk to the team? Rather than sitting around wondering what if. I'm sure they can handle themselves, they did that before you joined, they did that before I joined. They're more than capable of doing so." She said, making herself comfortable with my room once again.

"Fine." I ended it there. I hate when she's right.

And that was a lie.

She was right, she's always right. She's like a little angel on my shoulder who keeps giving me great advice time and time again. Sure, it gets annoying with someone being so perfect, but that's what I love about her, it's so obvious she's insecure about so many things, her face, her voice, her build, but she's so confident in herself whenever I see her talk about something so passionately, that you forget about the flaws she says she has.

I look at her now and I have to stare at her so much to even be able to notice any of insecurities. How did someone like her, so majestic, so wonderful, end up with someone like me? Someone who is only relevant as long as they have these powers. Just by looking at her once, or hearing her laughter, I feel like i can just pick up a guitar and start playing it, freestyling verses as I go.

I say down on the bed, pressing a few buttons on my watch to call in a meeting with the team. I guess I'm gonna be going through with this.

"Dude i can't meet right now I'm playing League of Reptiles. Can we meet later, maybe at like NEVER" says Nova, being pinned onto the hologram screen because of the loud background noise.

"Nova get your ass up and ready in 5 minutes! Let's meet at the Red Park Cafe, good place to train while we're at it" the voice of White Tiger cuts through Nova's whining.

"What is up with you and training? Like I do need training, but I don't need to think about it all the time" I said, frowning.

"She's right you know, this is the best time for you to train. Especially for this mission, it's a HYDRA mission for fucks sake" says Y/N, who wasn't on the call but was standing in front of me.

"Look Y/N, I'm all for training and stuff, like yeah I need the strength, but I don't really need training I think, I'm like naturally buff and I don't really wanna get too big. Genetics and stuff y'know" i say, with a stare that might pierce someone's soul. I hate training.

"Yeah okay." she says sarcastically, returning the stare back to pierce my soul.

"Y/N's back?" asked White Tiger, once again taking back the hologram screen from Nova.

"Seems so" says Y/N, coming through to the screen from my camera and waving hi. She looks down at her watch and says "yo guys I gotta leave- just got an Avengers level mission" while leaving out the window.

"Byeee" i say, waving her out. We finish our call and i get changed to meet at the Cafe.

I wore a light grey hoodie and black sweatpants and left through my window.

Maya Aunty is out on a kitty party with some of the other locals, since she's introduced some of her social practices from India and made some friends, she's been pretty busy.

I wore my mask and went outside, nobody really cares about a kid in a hoodie wearing a Spiderman mask swinging about everywhere, atleast not in other Earths, so might as well take the chance.

I webbed over and landed somewhere near the park, rather than at the park itself, and took of my mask, making my way over the cafe.

I meet Luke Cage, aka Power Man and Danny Rand, aka Iron Fist, outside the Cafe.

Since we can't find Tiger we just come to the conclusion that she's inside the Cafe already and we enter inside through the fogged glass sliding door, pretty fancy for a Park Cafe.

The tables were each given a little club type room, being closed off on 3 sides and partially in the last side. The walls were red and black, to match the theme of the park, there was an outdoor gym just outside the Cafe, which could be seen through the stained glass windows, maybe for eye candy.

We searched around, trying to find Nova and Tiger, but they were nowhere to be seen, especially with the almost completely closed off stalls. They can't be late right? I mean Nova can, but Tiger? Never.

I shot them a call from the SHIELD given watch, waiting for someone to pick up.

Tiger quickly picked up.

"Yo! Uh what's up? Oh right wait shit the meeting. Shit I forgot about that" said Tiger, who seemed to be at the Helicarrier.

"Ava where are you? Is Nova with you?" Asked Luke from behind my ear.

"Yea I'm at the Helicarrier right now. Fury gave me a last minute mission! And no- uh- Nova is not with me right now. Also! Danny, pick up your watch phone! We need your help for this mission" Tiger said, looking completely distracted.