preparation

It's 11am and all the kids at school are heartbroken that prom is cancelled. This is not going according to plan.

"Yo Coulson, can you tell them that prom is shifted to another location? SHIELD can do that yk" i shoot a text message to Phil.

I recieve an email telling me that prom is shifted to another venue within a minute. He didn't make an announcement because we're scared that someone here could be a spy. SHIELD looked at everyone's records and and deduced that there were 3 spies within our vicinity, they had been going to this school for months. They've known all along.

Those 3 students were not given any email. A few other students were taken aback to be taught how to fight, they were going to be our student decoys.

The plan was set, it should've been bulletproof. Hopefully.

The only thing left was the implementation.

I was given the task of training the students, Pav's identity was still at risk so he was in hiding.

Some tape and Plaster of Paris should keep my powersource intact until the final battle.

It'll be my final battle. I'll stop being a superhero, for real this time. I'll go to the Avengers Tower tomorrow, if everything goes to plan that is.

The day could not go by faster, I kept travelling to and fro from the Helicarrier to Midtown. It's a workout, but the tape and PoP seems to be working really well. I'm not breaking a single sweat.

I admire myself, how far I was able to get, even with this broken box that was barely keeping me alive, it felt good. But what really matters is the outcome of today, how will it help?

I stare at the powersource, clipping it away from my belt. What a wonder this thing is-

I see a red ticking on the powersource. Is it a bomb? It can't be.

Upon further inspection, i found that this isn't a bomb... It's a tracker.

"Pav they don't know your identity... They know mine" i almost dropped the powersource, giving in into my shock. Ock put a tracker on me the day that he broke the powersource.

I was the one who is responsible for this attack. It's my fault. I wasn't responsible enough...

It's a weakness. I was careless, now come the consequences of my actions. For someone who showed like she was the best of the best, this wasn't very top tier of me.

Alistair went to Gayatri because one of Ock's brainwashed spies found out that i was friends with Pav. I was the liability.

I can't believe I was going to be the reason for my own end. And if Ock was able to brainwash children, who knows what he can do to SHIELD agents? The reports of the spies tell us that.

We still have no idea how they were brainwashed, just that they were.

We couldn't be prepared for it, but we had some of our wits? Im not sure how we are going to fight these guys, im losing some hope, but if I'm not dying today, that means we do succeed, just need to try our very best.

I can't think of all this, not while i have to train a bunch of amateurs to fight, while wearing a mask. What a wonder.

Taking deep breaths to calm down and brace myself seems to be a pattern lately. Anyways, i took a deep breath, realising i have to teach a bunch of kids who made fun of me to fight. Love this for myself.

I zip up the jacket, it was an add-on for extra protection, plus it has coolers in it so i don't sweat myself to death. I close my eyes, taking another deep breath, i can do this, before I put on the mask, gliding it down on my face, it's cool that it can basically fit my face perfectly, but also have breathing space. I don't know how they do this, but it's superhero tech, i can't argue.

SHIELD gave up the invisibility cloaking thing, but for the hovering they decided to give me a built in hoverboard, which is an add-on to my shoe, rather than the entire suit, so that it doesn't drain my powersource.

I hovered over to the gym room, where Pav and the others had already started teaching these kids, okay well yes they're my age but they're just kids.

I'm just a kid.

Flashbacks start taking me by surprise, i was just a kid, my parents, they left me... Blood on my hands... Maybe my face? I remember scars, but I don't remember what i looked like, just the personal view.

I was just a kid, and I was being taken care of by adults who were still little kids, again and again. My parents were young, quite young when they had me, my adoptive parents? The Avengers? They were good enough, they were still kids but they were educated enough on how a child should be raised, maybe not. Teaching a kid to rigorously train for hours each day? That's not how you raise a kid.

I never got skin of steel, and the training only led to the reason for my existence to be destroyed. The powersource was the very bane of my existence, and it was damaged, while fighting. The training made me weaker.

It's a weird feeling, knowing that the only reason you're alive right now is because of some PoP and tape. Tape? Tape is the only reason I'm alive? It sounds... Weird.

I was pulled back into reality by Pav, who was in his costume, and he shot a web at me and pulled me towards himself. Our faces, even under the mask, were so close to each other's.

"So is webbing Y/S/H/N towards ourselves romantically a part of the practice or-?" Asked one of the girls.

Even from over the mask, i could tell Pav was blushing, hard.

"Okay yeah let's not all do that, she just needed a reality check" he replied, almost instantly.

"I need a reality check too Spiderman" said Flash Thompson, non sarcastically.

"Let's just focus on the training..." I say, staring at the starstruck Flash, the bully of the school.

A/N

DAMNNNNNNN. It feels so weird that i finally get to kill off y/n in 3 chapters (am I going to? Who knows. Will she come back to life? I mean there are gonna be 50 chapters do likeeee)

Anyways, thanks for the massive support you guys have given this silly little fic these past few days. Appreciate it :D