I Kinda Like You

(Warning: This chapter contains: Mentions of SA and cliffhanger)

(CARLOS'S POV)
I lied in bed just thinking about how TK was in the next room sleeping. He is really an amazing guy and I do really like him. I was really happy in a long time. I still hope he's going to be okay after what happened to Eli.
(TK'S POV)
I really like Carlos. I can't sleep I've been thinking about Carlos for a while now. I really like him. I sit up from hearing Carlos get a glass of water.
"Did I wake you? I'm sorry I can't sleep"
is all he says before getting a glass of water.
"No, I've been awake."
I say as he sits down next to me. He nods his head as he takes a sip of his water.
"What's been keeping you awake?"
He asks me.
(CARLOS'S POV)
I asked TK what's been keeping him awake as he blushes a little.
"I don't know"
Is all he says before he gets a glass of water as well. I smile at myself thinking maybe I'm the one who is able to make him so flustered like that. He comes back asking me the same question
"I normally can't sleep sometimes cuz of the job"
I tell him half the truth. I mean because of being a cop sometimes you don't sleep. "Yeah, that happens doesn't it?"
He says laughing a bit. I smile nodding. "How long have you been a cop?"
He asks me.
"I've always wanted to be a cop, my dad wanted me to be a ranger tho, but I would say since I was about 20."
He looked down when I started talking about my dad but nodded and smiled when I followed my dreams. I smirk at myself and ask,
"How about you?"
"Umm I mean I've always wanted to help people no matter what. I loved what my dad did. He wasn't to thrilled like I thought when I told him about me wanting to follow in his footsteps because he knows the job is dangerous. I still did it tho."
He smiled at the end even tho for most of the time he was sad about his dad. I smiled and nodded when he also decided to follow his dreams.
"But. I would say my entire life of being a kid I was a firefighters captians son."
He looked down and then looked at me smiling. I smiled back. His phone rang before I was about to ask him how he's been enjoying Austin. The caller ID was Eli. I was about to leave but TK told me to stay as he put the phone on speaker.
"Hey Eli, how've you been?"
"Better, I just want to thank you for being able to help me the way you did."
We could hear him smile and as TK smiled at the answer.
"I heard you went back to NY and filed a report."
He looked saddned at the answer but I know he was happy he did it tho. I've never been sexually assaulted but I know from what I've seen it is hard to go through.
"Yea I did but it's been going okay"
"Yea what presict did you go to?"
TK asked. I knew he'd know since he was born and raised there. "16th. SVU." He almost looked shocked but not shocked at the answer.
"Which detectives did you talk to?"
"Why are you asking"
Is what Eli asks.
"Oh" is all Eli says and he sounds shocked "I'm really sorry TK I forgot you-"
"It's fine E, who did you talk to?"
I was really confused and concerned why Eli would apologize.
"Elliot and Olivia."
TK looks down at the ground but back up at the phone.
"How are they doing?"
"They seem good they asked about you and are happy you're doing better."
He smiles and says,
"I have their numbers I've just never thought about calling them."
(TK'S POV)
I am sorry that I've made Carlos stayed but he did comply. I told Eli I had to go and we said our goodbyes and he hung up. I figured Carlos would have questions.
"How do you know them?"
I had almost widen my eyes because I didn't think he would ask so fast.
"I've lived in NY for a while. You get to know people."
It was the half the truth. He looks down and I looked concerned at him so I ask whats wrong. He says nothing is wrong but I know something is up.
"I know we haven't known each other for a while but I hope you can trust me."
Is all I say because it is true. I do like him and I want him to know that I'll still be there for him.
"You like anyone here so far?"
Is all he asks.
(CARLOS'S POV)
I really wanted to know if he had feeling for anyone here. He looked at me confused.
"In what way?"
"Feelings. Romantic."
Is all I say as I look up at him.
"Yeah."
Is all he says before I look up at him and straightened up wanting to know who this person was.
"Who?"
He looks pretty and flushed.
"You know him."
Is all he says. I try to think of anyone but no one comes to mind.
"I trust you even in the short time I've know you. I really want you to trust me."
He looked at me and said something but I wasn't able to hear him. I asked him to repeat the answer. I saw him take a breath before giving me an answer.