I Can't Even Imagine

(Warning this chapter contains: Mentions of Alex, abuse, sexual assault, OD)

(CARLOS'S POV)
I was confused what Owen ment by TK not giving me the whole truth but I knew I needed to know for TK. I needed to know for TK to know how to take care of him. "As you know, Eli introduced Alex and TK right?"
I nodded my as TK told me about this a few days ago.
"As you also may know, why and how Alex started to get physical?"
I spoke my head. All TK told me was who Alex was and about his OD.
"Alex never admitted it but you could tell he only wanted TK as his property and for his body."
Owen said looking down. I know I will always feel anger towards Alex. How can someone in general be seen as "property"? Especially TK.
"TK couldn't see it a first but at one point I knew he could see it further into their relationship, but domestic violence victims feel as they have developed a real relationship with their attacker."
I nodded my head low knowing that is the truth.
"At first he started to act different around me and then others at work. I didn't think much about it but then I saw this scar on his arm and it looked like a handprint. I tried asking him about it but he just walked away as if I never asked."
He said looking down.
"Then I got a call one night from TK."
He said looking down with watery eyes. Then looking at me.
"At first all that could be heard was objects being thrown and I knew that voice yelling at TK was Alex. The words I could make out were only-"
He hesitated to say them I knew that ment they were pretty nasty words and I have to prepare myself for whatever those words are.
"All I heard was slut, whore, and bitch."
He said looking down. Now it was my turn to look down now just feeling the anger radiating off of me.
"Then I heard TK yelling at Alex. TK said and I remember these words so vivid because I could help him and they still haunt me. He said, 'Alex please, don't. Please don't. Get your hands off of me please.'
He said looking down. Chocking on his words as a tear rolled down his cheek. I started tearing up because now all I could see was that imagine and could remember TK like that.
"He came to work like nothing happend and then I saw the marks all over his lower body."
He said with teary eyes while looking at me. Now it was my turn to let that tear roll down my cheek.
"I am so sorry he went through that the both of you. He's a fighter tho. He went through that and his OD. He's going to survive Alex again and this time we will put him in bars so he never gets to daylight ever again. And you have my word Owen."
I said looking at him very stern so he knew that I ment my word.
"I know he will make it and this time we will get him."
I looked at him confused,
"This time?"
He looked at me,
"In New York, detectives were supposed to put him away."
He said looking down again. I nodded my head knowing we needed to find him. I can't even imagine what he's going through now and what he went through then. I looked down and now all I could think about was him. I wanted to see him again and tell him how much he means to me. How much I love him. How much I want to make love to him. How much he deserves love. How much I want to put a ring on his finger. I miss him. I need him here. I need this to be a dream. I know it's not but I want it to be a nightmare.