Hospital

(Warning this chapter contains: Swear, mentions of injuries, mentions of surgery, Law and Order SVU characters, mentions of Alex, mentions of beating, sexual harrasment and assult, and mentions of alcohol)
(OWEN'S POV)
I got the call that they found TK and I just couldn't hold back tears of happiness that they finally found him. Carlos also said that he informed the 126.
I got to the hospital to see Carlos in the waiting room. I walked over to him and he collapsed in my arms saying TK was in surgery.
I just nodded my head as he looked up at me. I saw the fear in his eyes reflecting back into my eyes. A few minutes later Nancy and Tommy brought coffee over to all of us. About 3 to 4 hours later a nurse came back into the waiting room.
"Tyler Kennedy Strand?"
He asked with a doctor beside him.
"Whose family?"
The doctor asked.
"I'm his father."
I said as I walked up to the doctor. Not far behind me was the 126 and Carlos.
"Alright, well we were able to remove the bullet from his lower abdomen. His recovery is going to be a long journey. The rest information I have to save and tell the detectives that were with him last time."
She whispered the last information since me and Carlos are the only ones who know about the whole Alex bullshit.
I walked back over to everybody and told them they removed the bullet but we can't see him at the moment.
About almost a hour later, the nurse came back to tell me they have taken all the evidence for the detectives to have.
"At the moment he is awake but he only wants to talk to an Elliot Stabler and then to a Carlos Reyes separately."
I nodded my head and thanked the nurse for the information.
I went back to Carlos since we were the only ones left.
"He's awake but he wants to speak to someone else first. He's a detective who was their for TK."
I told Carlos as he nodded his head with a look of relief that he's awake.
(CARLOS'S POV)
I was so relieved to hear the TK was okay and a little disappointed he didn't want to see me first.
But, I'm glad he still does and he is going to talk to a detective.
About 20 minutes later an kinda older gentleman walked through the door and saw Owen. He walked over to Owen and shoke his hand.
"Elliot, thank you so much for coming on such short notice."
Owen said sighing.
"Of course. I'm so sorry you both had to go through this event. At least he's with us."
He said sadly smiling and looking between the both of us, back and forth.
I looked at him and nodded my head with a sad smile as well.
"I'm going to go ask what room he's in. I'll be back shortly."
He said walking away to go to the front desk. Walking away to go see TK.
"So he's one of the detectives who saw TK in New York?"
I asked sitting back down looking at Owen. He nodded his head at me.
"He had his partner with him. Olivia Benson. They both helped TK out a lot and even have reached out before to the both of us once we moved out here."
He said looking at me sadly smiling. I nodded my head remembering that TK told me about the both of them the time he told me about Alex.
(TK'S POV)
I woke up and looked at my surroundings remembering every detail that happend in the past few days.
The doctor and nurse told me about how my surgery went and the evidence they had to give to the police. I nodded my head and told them I wanted to see Elliot and Carlos.
About 30 minutes later I heard a knock at my door.
"Come in."
I said taking a quick sip of water since my throat was kinda sore.
"Hey."
I heard Elliot say. I smiled at him and told him to come in.
"Hey El. Where's Liv?"
I asked him as he closed the door taking the seat next to my right.
"She couldn't make it here today but she'll be here tomorrow we both took some time off to stay in Austin for a bit."
He said smiling at me.
"I'm glad to see you again."
I said nodding and smiling.
"Just so you know. The nurse did a rape kit and it came back negative. I am going to need you to confirm that. They took pictures of your brusies and cuts."
He says slowly nodding his head and looking at me.
"Yea. The kit is right. He only tried to but they got there in time."
I said slowly smiling and looking down.
"It's okay. You're here now and he's not."
He said smiling and me. Then his phone started to ring, he got up and walked to the other side of the room and took about 2 to 3 minutes before coming back to take the seat he was sitting at.
"That was one of the arresting officers. Alex was killed on his way to prison by some junkie looking to get extra time."
I looked back shocked at his words but nodded and softly smiled at him as I left a happy tear roll down my face. I quickly wiped it away.
"He's gone for good?"
I said looking sternly at him as he nodded his head. I looked back and I let my head fall and sighed of relief.
"Thank you so much El. Can you send Carlos in. You can come by anytime before you leave. I'll let you know and we can make some time."
I said smiling happily at me since he has helped me a lot since I was in that hospital in New York.
"Yea I leave in about 3 days. I'll let you know and don't rush. Get some rest. Recover."
He said sternly about the last part. I laughed at the way he sounded like my dad.
"You've got now room to talk El. I will tho. Oh, please make sure Liv can come too."
I said laughing at the beginning and smiling at the end as he nodded his head to go get Carlos. I am so happy to see him again. After all this I need him with me right now and he's all I need to keep going.
After about a minute I heard a knock at the door and the door opened to reveal Carlos.
"Carlos"
"TK"
He said happily as the door shut and he came to my bed and gave me a tight hug. His head was in the crook of my neck ad his hands were around my torso. My hands were tangled in his hair until he let go smiling so brightly at me. I smiled the same way.
"I've missed you so much."
I said as he sat down in the chair next to me. He nodded his and said the same thing. He grabbed my hand and held it the entire time.
"I'm just glad you're okay."
He said smiling at me while using his other hand to rub my face.
"Me too."
I said laughing lightly.
"I've missed you're laugh so much baby."
He said smiling brightly leaning in to kiss my lips. His breath on my lips asking if I'm okay with this. I said yes as he kissed my lips softly. I kissed back at the same pase. Missing the way he kissed me and knowing it's not Alex. It's Carlos. My Carlos.
He stopped and sat closer to me in the chair.
"The Detective told me Alex died before he even made it to prison."
Carlos said as he looked at me for a reaction.
"Yea he told me. I'm not sheading any tears tho. It's just good to know he's not coming back. It's just you and me against the world babe."
I told him as I laughed in the middle of my sentence about not sheading tears for him. I took my hand and cupped his face as I spoke the last part.
He leaned into the touch and smiled at me. I smiled back at him as he nodded his head.
"I know you might not be up to it but if you want, can you please tell me what happend. If you do take your time my love."
He said as he made it so close to me that the chair was up against the hospital bed and he had both his hands and my hands in my lap.
I nodded my head telling him I don't mind telling him about what happend. He nodded softly at me and waited for me to tell him.
(CARLOS'S POV)
I waited for the detective to come out and tell me I can go in and see TK.
It's been about 10 minutes when I hear him come out and me and Owen got up to look at him.
He shoke Owen's hand and then mine.
"Thank you for letting me see him. We talked about meeting up again, just letting you know."
He said looking at me with a stern smiling. I nodded my head.
"Just letting you know. He's a bit shaken up but he is TK so he's going to be okay. Also, letting you know. Alex did die before he made it to prison."
He said looking between the two of us and me and Owen exchanged looks. I was happy he was gone. He can't hurt anyone else and TK.
"Thank you Owen. We'll talk later."
He said hugging Owen and turned to me.
"You're his boyfriend. Carlos, right?"
He looked at me and I nodded my head.
"I know you'll take care of him. Thank you."
He said shaking my hand and smiling at me.
"He's ready to talk to you now."
He said walking away to the exit.
I walked to his room and knocked. He told me to come in.
I shut the door and walked over to TK.
"Carlos."
"TK."
I said walking up to him and hugging him do tight. Voving to never let him go again.
I hugged so where my head was in the crook of his neck my hands on his torso. His hands in my hair. I've missed this so much.
After we let out our words of feelings, I needed to understand everything that happend.
TK said he was okay with telling me what happened.
After we both got comfortable he took in a deep breath before starting.
"You saw the footage so that helps a lot."
He said joking. I laughed lightly at his joke.
"I woke up in a place and tried to identify my surroundings. Then I-I heard his voice and thought it wasn't a nightmare. It really happen."
He said kinda shaking up. I held his hand tightly and smiled at him as he looked at me. He smiled back at me.
"When did you have time to write the letters?"
I decided to ask. It has been lingering around.
"The first letter was before I went to my car. Before it happend. I didn't think it was actually going to happen. I wanted to be safe rather than sorry I didn't."
He said sadly smiling at me. I nodded my head as he continued.
"Then before he untied me and the warehouse, I wrote it down. Hence, my terrible writing."
He says jokingly. I smiled softly and nodded my head.
"Then from there before he took my or anything or whatever, I wrote them down quickly."
He said looking at me. I nodded my head. "You didn't have to tell me that so thank you."
I told him as he pecked my cheek smiling at me. I smiled back.
"I didn't even tell you the worst part. So, it wasn't that bad, love."
He said sadly smiling. I gave him a, 'really?' kinda look as he laughed and I leaned him and kissed his soft lips before disconnecting.
He smiled at me with that smile. The way his beautiful eyes look at me. I always will and have, melted into it.
"Do you want to know what happened?"
He asked looking at me. I thought about. I think TK needed to talk to someone about it so I said yes.
"The only thing he did that didn't cause as much pain was the punches that ment less."
He said giving me another sad smile. As he squeezed my hands. I squeezed his hands back. He smiled at me. I smiled back.
"Once we got to that house. I knew something bad was about to happen. I-I just-."
He said looking down as I watched a tear roll down his face. I quickly wiped the tear away from his face and hugged him the same way I hugged him when I first saw him today.
He hugged back the same way and then continued.
"I couldn't protect myself. You know? And I-I just thought back to when we first started to date. He got on top of me Carlos! Took off his belt! Made me drink vodka! My sobriety is down the drain. And-and, I just-I just glad you were there before anything did actually happen. I just need you to hold me baby."
He said sobbing now. I got to his side and let him curl up into my chest as I held his hands in mine. I let on hand fall on his waist.
I grabbed the blanket and mainly draped it over TK. I let him sob into my chest before he feel asleep.
I looked at him as he slept and thought; how could anyone do this to someone like TK. How do us humans hunt down others and torment them, like Alex did? How do people survive this? I know people do everyday, and those people are the strongest people out there. I'm glad to have TK and TK has me now.
I just held him as we both ended up falling sleep that night. Sleeping like we haven't slept like that in a while.
Just holding each other, is all we both needed right now.
I just, held the love of my life that entire night in the hospital.