The Falcon's Past (Part 3: Truth)

"After the banquet ended..." Nate continued while still voicing-over, "I didn't feel tired at all. It was like, I couldn't fall asleep.... Even though I was happy for Nicolas and Veronica being together, I felt as though.... something was missing from my life, and it haunted me for two whole hours.... And at that point, I decided to go talk to my parents and ask them about where I was born......"

A couple hours after the banquet ended, Nate was currently in his bedroom, sleeping in his bed.... somewhat. This is because he's discovered that he couldn't sleep at all. Even though no matter how hard he tried, Nate still couldn't fall asleep. And realizing that he can't sleep, he sat up and kept wondering about what's wrong with himself.

"What in the world's wrong with me?" he asked himself, "I can't sleep at all.... Although, Nicolas and Veronica are sleeping together thanks to father's approval of them being together.... But..... why am I feeling like.... I'm left out? Something's not right..... Wait... why am I asking myself these questions? I'm the Mayor's Child of Pridius...... right? I mean.... I'm born the Mayor's son...... So, why do I feel like something's missing? *sigh* Maybe I should ask my parents. They'll know what's wrong with me...."

And so from there, Nate got out of his bed, and left his bedroom and began walking around the halls to find his parents' bedroom so that he can ask them about the purpose of his birth. However, along the way, when Nate passed by his brother, Nicolas' bedroom, he suddenly heard moaning from the other side of the door, and when he put his ear against the door, he found out that both Nicolas and Veronica are having sex for the first time.

'Oh, yeah...~ Fill me up, my love.~' 'But, won't you get pregnant, Veronica?' 'Nicolas, I'm on birth control, so I won't get pregnant right before the time of our wedding.~' 'Fair point, my dear.~' 'Also, this was a very romantic night, especially the fact this is the night I lost my virginity to you, Nicolas.~' 'And I especially lost my virginity to you, my sweet dingo...' was what Nate heard.

"They just made love together for the first time?" Nate whispered to himself, "Why am I starting to feel like they shouldn't've done that before they're married? Focus, Nate! Parents first, personal questions later."

And then, Nate continued walking through the halls to try and find his parents' bedroom. And after a few minutes, he finally found his parents' bedroom, and here, Nate breathed in and out, then he knocked on the door and waited for a few minutes, until a voice said, 'Come in.'

And in response, Nate opened the door and saw his parents sitting on the couch by the fireplace, then Saul turned to face Nate and said, "Oh. Nate. What brings you in here?"

Then, here, Nate walked over to his parents, and replied, "*sigh* I couldn't sleep, father."

"Couldn't sleep?" Tanya asked, "Nate's is there something bothering you that made you stay awake, or is it something else?"

"Well, Mom..." Nate responded, "There's one thing on my mind that has been bugging me since the banquet ended."

"And what exactly would that be, Nate?" Saul asked.

And here, Nate breathed again, then asked, "Why was I born into this family? Can either of you tell me what my purpose of being in this family is?"

And this shocked both Saul and Tanya, because they both realized that Nate has come to that age where he's wondering about his birth. Because of this, both jackals looked at each other and looked back at Nate, then Tanya replied, "Nate..... it's time you knew."

"Knew?" Nate asked in confusion, "Knew what, mom?"

"Nathaniel......" Saul replied, although uneasy, "You.... are not really my son.... you were adopted when you were just a baby."