Nicolas Repents

Shortly after the Angel of Death passed through all of Prideopolis and struck down every firstborn of the citizens but spared the Christians because they marked their door posts with lamb's blood, there was a great cry throughout the whole city because their firstborn children is now dead. Even James the Jackal, son of Nicolas, was struck down by the Angel of Death, and Nicolas wept for his only son. However, Nicolas knew that he brought the final plague on Prideopolis, and he decided to ask Nate to ask God to bring his son back to life, and if God can revive his son, then Nicolas will believe. But he didn't even realize that God saw his newborn faith.

Meanwhile, Nate is now currently praying on the roof of his temporary house, because he couldn't sleep. And as Nate prayed, God's light shone on him again. And noticing God's light shining on him, Nate bowed his head.

"What is it, Lord?" he then asked.

"Nathaniel...." God replied, "Nicolas' son is dead. However, I've seen that he now admits that he has sinned. And tomorrow, he is coming to meet you to ask you to ask me to bring his son to life, and he says that if I can revive his son, James, then he'll believe."

"But Lord...... Are you still going to revive Nicolas' son if he doesn't believe?" Nate asked.

"No, Nathaniel." God answered, "But tomorrow, I will show how merciful and loving I am to your adoptive brother. Tomorrow, when Nicolas arrives and admits everything to you, tell him that he will see my glory if he believes. Then, you must instruct him and his wife to lay their son in a tomb and cover it with a large stone. Then, you must tell Nicolas and his wife that they will fast for 4 days. They must not eat or drink anything until the 4th day. If they eat or drink anything within the 4 days, they will not see their son alive anymore. When the 4th day arrives, they will show you where thair son is laid, then once you arrive at the tomb, remove the stone and command James to come forth, then, the son of Nicolas will come out alive. And when Nicolas sees this, he will know that I am the Lord."

"What you have said..." Nate responded, "I will do."

And with that, God's light went away again, then Nate went back into his room and slept with Riley.

The very next morning, Nicolas is seen carrying his dead son in his arms, while Veronica, a couple of his guards, Tanya, and even Scourge, Sally and Fiona, walk with him towards where Nate's temporary house his. Then, one of the citizens of Prideopolis came up and said, "Nate's in that house right there."

And acknowledgeing this, Nicolas and the others went towards the house, and once they got there, one of the guards knocked on the door, and the door opened, revealing Nate, Riley, and Phi, and even Sonic, Amy, Dash, and Lily.

And then, after a few seconds of silence, Nicolas sadly spoke up and said to Nate while showing him James' dead body, "Look at what your God has done. My son is dead.... because of me. You warned me that the final plague will be brought down by my own words, but I ignored you again, and decreed death to the Christian firstborn, but instead..... the last plague has cost the precious life of my only son."

"Nicolas...." Nate sadly responded, "I know how you feel. A few months ago, God informed me that the 10 plagues will bring the same amount of torture to your people who have tortured my people for years. Your sin has angered God, but he is still willing to forgive you, if you confess your sin."

"I understand." Nicolas replied, then he stated while falling on his knees, "I'll admit it, I have sinned. But, I can't bear to lose my son because of it. Please, ask your God to give my son back to me. If your God is willing to forgive me, then he must be willing to bring James back to life. If your God can revive my son.... then I'll surely believe..."