Battle of Idolyon

The following morning and through the whole afternoon before Sally and Khan returned from spying in Idolyon, Nate and the President got to work on preparing everyone for battle. All of the Agents from G.U.N. were in the shooting range for gun practice, while most of the Prideopoleans were training in hand-to-hand combat, and others were praticing archery. Autumn was practicing her bokken staff skills, while Sonic and his friends were practicing their special skills. And Nate was training his swordsmanship with his dad.

"Getting better, Nate." Hunter said.

"Thanks, Dad." Nate replied, "And I'm glad Autumn gave this sword to me, and I still can't believe you forged this blade with your own hands."

"It took lots of practice and skill...." Hunter responded, "But I made sure this blade is strong, durable, and extra sharp. And I knew you'd take the blade when you learned your heritage before your mother and I went into hiding."

"Dad, that's in the past." Nate said, "And we've got a battle to win."

"I know, Nate." Hunter said, "However, I suggest you check in on everyone else and help finish the organizing."

"Got it, Dad." Nate replied.

And with that, Nate left his training spot, and went back into the midst of the camp to see that the army and the G.U.N. are almost fully organized. And as he walked, he noticed that the Josiah River's now become flooded from all the rain last night. But then, he spotted Scourge and Fiona with the G.U.N. Commander, the President, Nicolas, and Jared, and both Scourge and Fiona are showing something to the four of them.

"Organizing the army and the G.U.N. without my permission, Scourge?" Nate then asked when he came up to them.

"You wanted the army organized, so Fi and I are finishing up with organizing it." Scourge replied.

And here, Nate spotted a map print and then asked, "What's this? A battle plan?"

"That's right." Scourge replied, "Care to see for yourself?"

Then, Nate looked at Scourge's battle plan, and said out loud, "An early morning crossing through the marshes, a sudden assault on the main gate of the city....."

"What do you think?" Fiona asked, "Is my Scourgie a genius, or what?"

"Well....." Nate replied, "It's impressive..... but foolish."

"Foolish?!" Scourge asked, "Why?!"

"It's been raining, Scourge." Nate replied, "The Josiah's flooded. We'll never across now."

"And what do you propose to do about it?!" Scourge asked, "Your spies are probably dead."

"They're back!" someone said, prompting everyone else to see Khan and Sally coming up to Nate and the group.

Then, Nate came up to Sally and Khan and said in relief, "Thank God, both of you are alive!"

"We know, Falcon." Sally replied, and Khan followed, "We've got much to discuss."

"Wash up, then meet me, my wife and children, Nicolas, Autumn, and the President in my tent." Nate replied, and with that, Khan and Sally went to their tent to wash themselves, but they were stopped by Scourge and Fiona.

"Come on, Sally." Scourge said, "Tell us, what's really waiting for us in Idolyon?"

"A city that God will deliver to us." Sally replied, and then walked past Scourge and Fiona with Khan.

Later, as sunset rolled in after a couple of hours, in Nate's tent, Sally and Khan were fully washed up, and were talking with Nate, Riley, Phi, Faith, Nicolas, Autumn, and the President about what they've seen in Idolyon.