Part 4 Eyes, Ears and Nose.

After winning the Poe Cup, Wednesday managed to find a way to sneak into the newly discovered Nightshade library. But to her disappointment, it was nothing but a gathering of elite snobs in the academy. Rejecting fellow student Xavier's invite to join, she quickly leaves the secret lair.

On her way back to Ophelia Hall, Wednesday saw someone walking towards the backyard of the academy. Curious and intrigue, she follows the unknown person.

Realize he's being followed, (Y/N) stopped his track and turned around. "Can I help you?" Wednesday came out from behind the wall she uses as cover. "I should be asking that question."

"I thought y'all have curfew or something. What brings you out at time like this?" (Y/N) asks the girl. "Failed kidnapping and dreadful questioning. You?" The dark eyes girl return the question. "Delivery." (Y/N) says wiggling the package he's holding.

A moment of silence filled the area. "You only asked what I saw that night." (Y/N) broke the silence gaining Wednesday's attention. "What do you mean?" she asks with a calm yet curious tone.

"After you and the glasses kid ran into the forest, I heard screaming. And a roar." (Y/N) says as he looks straight into Wednesday's eyes which is filled with a slight ray of hope. "I doubt you're the one that screamed right?" "It was Rowan's." Wednesday answered.

"Right. And the roar. I've never met any bears or tiger or lion in my life. But I've watched National Geographic. None of them came close to that kind of roar." "Because it's not them. I've played tag with my pet lion before, I know what they sound like." Wednesday took a few steps closer towards (Y/N) as she was making the statement.

"That so. Anyway, I witnessed both of you ran inside, but only you came out afterwards. So I got curious, I went in to investigate but I find nothing." Wednesday looked down at the floor disappointed.

"But there's something else." The statement causes Wednesday to jolt her head looking at (Y/N) eyes. "What is it?" She demanded. "After I got there, there's nothing to be found. No glasses Ron or whatever his name was. But there is a slight scent of sanitizer around the area." "How can you tell?" She asks again.

"I've been using sanitizers ever since I was 8 years old. It's more of an addiction rather than habit by this point of life. By the smell alone, I can guess the ingredients name just taking a few sniffs." (Y/N) gives his answer.

"So someone really does tried to cover it up." Wednesday said as a number of possibilities and scenario filled her brain. "Can I ask you something? What happened that night?" (Y/N) ask the girl.

She looks at the boy for moment before averting her eyes. "It's nothing. Simple minded people are not gonna believes it anyway." She gives her honest opinion. "Try me." The boys replies back.

"Me and Rowan got into an argument. Then a monster shows up and killed him before my eyes." She says with her calm voice.

"And they said I'm the crazy one." The statement caught Wednesday's attention again. "Let's see, long limbs, sharp claws, ugly teeth, big eyes, eight feet tall close to nine maybe. Does that description fits anything that you saw?" This question filled Wednesday with a big glimpse of hope and walks even closer to the boy.

"What can you tell me about it?" "Well when I-" "Wednesday!" Before (Y/N) could give his answer, the conversation was interrupted by Ms Thornhill as she's walking towards the teenagers.

"What are you doing here? It's way past your curfew." The dorm mum of Ophelia Hall says looking at the girl awaiting her answer. "She brought me here." The teacher look at (Y/N). "The gate's locked and I can't get in. Luckily she saw me and helped me get inside." (Y/N) lied.

"I see. Well in that case thank you Wednesday. I'll overlook your mistake this time. But you should really go back to bed." The teacher said with authority in her voice. Wednesday turn around and walks away leaving the teacher and the boy by themselves.

"(Y/N), you're capable of many things but lying isn't one of them." She says looking into the boys eyes seemingly disappointed. "You're right. I'm sorry. Here. I believe this belongs to you." (Y/N) hand over the package to Thornhill.

"Seriously, can't you have them delivered directly to here instead?" The boys asks with a little frustration in his voice. "Sorry sweetie. I know it's sudden but not many people are brave enough to deliver all the way into Nevermore after the pizza incident*."

*The Pizza Incident. Some vampires ordered pizzas from Jericho's local restaurant. The driver got chased off by a bunch of werewolves midway because it was full moon during the night of delivery. The driver is safe. The pizza didn't shared the same luck as him though.

"Thank you for bringing it all the way here. Do you want a ride back? Its getting really dark now." The redhaired woman asks.

"No. As much as I hate to admit it, I kind of enjoy the spookiness of the road on my way here. I'll walk back. Good night mom." (Y/N) turned and walks away. "Good night honey. Text me when you reached home." Ms Thornhill says waving at her son.

Unbeknownst to the mother son duo, Wednesday heard all the conversation that just occurred before she decided to retreat back to her room.

Another short chapter that took place at the start of episode 3.