Part 20 Feelings Equal Strength.

At five in the morning, a nurse walked into the mayor's hospital room to get his daily check in. But what she found terrified her. The plug in of the life support isn't on. Mayor Walker was killed overnight.

The news quickly spread like wildfire. Putting everyone on edge.

The residents of Jericho as well as students and teachers from Nevermore will attend the funeral. Ms Thornhill makes a stop at her house.

She arrived, wearing an all black dress holding a folded umbrella as it seems the sky is about to rain. She knocked on the door several times.

(Y/N) open the door letting her in. She sits on the sofa looking at her son with a frustrated expression.

"Don't start." (Y/N) sits opposite her sipping his juice.

"I'm not. Not now at least. Mayor Walker's funeral starts in an hour. I'm just here to check on you." (Y/N) scoffed before sipping on his drink again.

"Knowing you, you're gonna blame yourself because of his selfless action that day. I swear the last thing I want is for you to turn into the second Kenneth."

"What does dad got to do with this?" (Y/N) eyeing his mother.

"Literally everything. How you behave. How you act. He's a bigger influence in your life more than me." Thornhill speaks slightly raised her volume.

"He's more of a father to me than you were a mother to me. Even if he and I are not blood related."

Thornhill shifted her glass a little, looking at her son's eyes.

"Well forgive me for not being there for you most of the time, but....."

"All the time." (Y/N) cuts in.

Thornhill close her eyes letting out a big sigh. A long silence filled the living room.

"You should change." (Y/N) gets up and making his way into the bedroom. "And comb your hair."

"Never!" Requesting (Y/N) anything regarding his hair is like talking to a plank of wood.

~~

Despite the heavy rainfall at the town, almost everyone was present at Mayor Walker's funeral.

(Y/N) was standing beside his mother. He never raised his head even once during the process. Sheriff Galpin and Wednesday understand his body gesture.

But his eyes glance at several people. Wednesday, Tyler, Lucas and his mother, Mrs.Walker. (Y/N)'s mind is consumed by guilt, anger, frustration, disappointment and anxiety throughout the ordeal.

Sometimes passed and people begin to leave one by one. (Y/N) notice that Wednesday was running in a different direction. Before he could gives chase, he was stopped by his mother.

"(Y/N), let's go home." Before (Y/N) could gives his reply, he realize Wednesday has already disappeared from the area. He reluctantly return to his house with his mother.

~~

"The moment we got home, the rain stopped. It's like the weather is playing us. Right (Y/N)?"

Ms Thornhill looking out the window from the house before shifting her attention to (Y/N) who's unbuttoning his shirt.

"Hmph."

"Sheriff Galpin and Tyler told me about last night. Did Wednesday tricked you into it too?" (Y/N) turns facing his mother.

"She's gonna get you killed." She continued.

"I can take care of myself."

"But you'll do even better without her."