Part 18 The Mansion.

Both (Y/N) and Wednesday were called into Weathervane for their statement by Sheriff Galpin after the horrible incident that just involved Mayor Walker who's currently enroute to the hospital.

"What the hell are you two doing in the mayor's car anyway?" The sheriff questions both the teenagers sitting opposite him.

"We saw him coming out of the Gates mansion. We were intrigued." Wednesday says.

"The Gates mansion? Why are you two there in the first place?" The sheriff eyeing the two.

"House hunting." Wednesday replied.

"Gates crashing." (Y/N) follows.

"He leaves a voicemail for you saying he might have an idea about who's behind these incidents. Call me old-fashioned, but when someone is trying to give key information to the authority and getting ran over, clearly he's onto something. The Gates mansion and family definitely had some ties to it." Wednesday continues.

"How? You're telling me the ghosts of the family's behind it? I don't believe in ghosts. " The sheriff countered.

"Maybe you should. There's someone besides me who's haunted by one." Wednesday gives (Y/N) a side glance before leaving.

"You sure know your poison." The sheriff told (Y/N).

"Luckily, my immune system is still functioning."  (Y/N) gets up ready to leave before he is stopped by the man.

"(Y/N). If you can't stay away from Addams, might as well stay away from my son. The last thing I want is for him to be influenced by either one of you." The sheriff looks him dead center in the eyes.

"Instead of keeping me away from Tyler, why not just keep Tyler away from me? He's the one that came to me at first, not the other way around." (Y/N) exit the establishment leaving the old man by himself.

~~

The news quickly spread like wildfire across town. The Nevermore Academy is put on full lockdown. All students were banned from leaving the school ground until further notice.

Wednesday was writing her novel inside her room before she was interrupted by Ms Thornhill.

"Wednesday. I heard about what happened to the mayor. I can't imagine what it must feels like to witness something like that. Are you okay?"

"It was actually on my bucket list. Perhaps you should be more worry about your son than me. If it wasn't for the mayor's quick thinking, he could be in the hospital as well."

"(Y/N) was there?" Ms Thornhill is confused for a moment.

~~

Back at his home, (Y/N) lay on his bed. The event that transpired just a few hours ago keeps clouding his mind. Mayor Walker just saved his life and guilt has consumed him.

'"If I wasn't there in the first place, maybe he'll be able to save himself." (Y/N) thought to himself before he close his eyes ready to fall asleep.

"LET ME OUT!!!!!"

(Y/N) could feel someone shaking his shoulders causing him to jolt up in his bed.

"Damn."

~~
The next night, after tricking both Tyler and Enid to help her get off school ground, Wednesday instruct Tyler to pull over in front of (Y/N)'s house.

"What is this place?" Enid asks her roommate.

"The place for the perfect punching bag. I'll be back in a few minutes." Wednesday exit the car go inside the house.