Part 13 The Consequences.

After the horrible showdown and the thought of losing a friend who he only knew for less than a day, (Y/N) popped open the bottle, consuming two sleeping pills letting the effect takes him into slumber.

The next morning is even worse. He could feel the after effect of the one sided beat down suffered at the hands of the monster.

Looking at his own reflection through his mirror, the bruises and some cuts became visible overnight. The large scar on his right arm is even worse.

Grabbing the first aid, he proceeded to apply some ointment on his injuries. Sticking a medical plaster onto the small cut on top of his forehead before messing up his hair to cover it.

After a shower and breakfast, he's decided to skip school that day. Laying on his sofa, memories from last night keeps clouding his mind. Until the door bell rang.

~~

"What about the result of the DNA sample?" Wednesday has been bombarded Sheriff Galpin with questions ever since she arrived.

"We're not using Google to test that kind of stuffs out." The sheriff countered. The conversation were cut short when Deputy Santiago knock on the door.

"He's here." (Y/N) walked past The woman letting himself inside the office. He glance at Wednesday for a moment before sitting down at the chair opposite the sheriff.

"Addams, this is a private conversation. Leave now." The girl reluctantly complied being escorted out by Santiago.

Sheriff Galpin retreived a recorder from his drawer. Holding it in front of (Y/N) and played it. It was the recorder that Eugene used prior to the incident.

"What were you thinking (Y/N)? Do you have a death wish or something? You boys never listened to anything, putting yourself into this kind of stuffs, that's goddamn stupid." The sheriff scolded him.

"Call me crazy, but you know what's out there right? Bear attack? Are you kidding me?." He replied sarcastically.

The sheriff scoffed. "You're lucky you're not in the same situation as that other boy. He's in the ICU for god knows how long."

(Y/N)'s eyes grew wide at the statement. "Eugene's alive?" "Coma. Better than dead at least." (Y/N) jolted up from the chair ready to make haste to the hospital.

"(Y/N)." He stopped his track looking back at the sheriff. "Steer clear from Wednesday Addams. I know what she's capable of, but that doesn't mean you have to get involved with her or any of her friends."

"Tell that to Tyler." (Y/N) walked out the police station only to be greeted by Wednesday around the corner.

Her serious eyes stare deep at the male's eyes. "What brings you here?" "Deputy Santiago." He shrugged.

"How's the dance?" Wednesday flinched at the question. Both of them felt terrible about what happened to Eugene.

Wednesday proposed the idea only to bail out last second for the dance. (Y/N) left Eugene by himself because he thinks he's a professional. He even failed to stall for time allowing the monster to reach him.

"Terrible. I might need a therapy to recover from it." Wednesday replied in her usual tone. "I see." Awkward silence filled the two.

"Listen, about Eugene. I'm not gonna say that I'm sorry or...." (Y/N) scoffed before she could finished.

"It's not you fault, it's the monster's right? I'm not sorry for what it did to Eugene. I'm sorry for what happened to Eugene. That's two ways of looking at it. Some kind of hero I am."

"What do you mean?" The girl asked confused. "Round two." (Y/N) raised his index and middle finger.

"Long story short. I got my ass kicked. Again. And Eugene got into coma. But you already know that." The boy continues.

"You were there last night?" Wednesday eyes gone wide looking at him. (Y/N) reveals the medical plaster and some swelling on his forehead.

"You got this big plan to stake out the cave and you didn't invite me. So much for alliance." "Your injury hasn't healed yet. It could put you in danger. Or end up dying." Wednesday countered.

"Since when did you care? You left Eugene by himself." "I told him not to go. It was his own decision." The conversation got heated.

"So you're saying it was his fault? The artist was right. You think the world revolved around you."

"What do you want me to say!!?" For the first time since losing her pet scorpion Nero, Wednesday feels like her eyes began to water up again. (Y/N) looked into her dark watery eyes and let out a big sigh.

"Well I guess we're both disappointed with each other then." He walked past her making his way to the hospital. (Y/N) stopped at his track for a moment.

"It's not me you should be saying anything to. It's Eugene." Wednesday wiped her eyes and returns to her academy.

~~

The next two days have been quiet. Nevermore Academy has been busy preparing for Parents Weekend but Wednesday takes no interest in it.

Leaving Thing to looked after Eugene at the hospital, she decided to investigate the cave only to find it being blown off. Every evidence is gone. With no lead and clue, she decided to reach out for the only person she could trust.

Arriving at (Y/N)'s house, she let herself in. But instead of her partner in crime, she found her dance partner Tyler with a black eye inside the place.

"What are you doing?" The sudden question caused Tyler to jumped on his feet. "Wednesday, what are you doing here?"

"I asked first. Tell me, what are you doing here searching the place?" Tyler was shocked looking at the goth girl right in front of him.

"I'm looking for (Y/N) actually. Hasn't seen him in a while so I came here instead. You?" "Same. What happened to your eye?." "I slipped hitting myself during the Rave'N." Wednesday is speechless for a moment before making her way around the house.

"You don't have to look around. I already did that. Unless he can teleport or go invisible, I'd say he's probably gone out. But he didn't show up to school either."

Wednesday turned towards the boy. "Did you called him?" "Inbox." He shrugged. Wednesday quickly walked out the place anxiously.

"Wednesday! Wait!" Tyler managed to catch up to her outside the house. "What is it? What's going on?" "Chances are he's killed or getting kill at the moment. I'm going to look for him." She walked past the boy leaving him.

~~

"I'm sorry. I never should have left you there." (Y/N) sitting by Eugene's bedside. Visitation isn't allowed yet but he managed to sneak in the place unnoticed.

Looking at his little friend, he felt awful. Blaming himself for what's in front of him.

Thing was on the bed beside Eugene's hand close to (Y/N) trying to comfort him.

"It should have been me in the bed. Not him. Half of me is happy that he's alive, the other half is afraid of what comes after." The boy sat there for a while before he get back on his feet.

"I know that she's already said this but, look after him for me." Thing gives him a thumbs up and went back into hiding.

Part 13 done. Now onwards to parents weekend. This week might be slow as I'm dealing with some stuff this week. Please have mercy on me. 😅😅