Part 12 What The Night.

(Y/N)'s making his way to the cave that was shown to him by Eugene earlier the day. He waits behind the tree in hopes that the owner return to it.

"(Y/N)?" He was startled by the call. Turning around, approached by the Nevermore's bee lover Eugene.

"What are you doing here?" He question the little guy. "Originally Wednesday and I made plan to stake out the cave tonight. But she opted to the Rave'N instead." The boy said with a sad tone.

"And to think she didn't invite me. Who's her date?" "I believe she called him Tyler." Eugene answered. "It's a small town." (Y/N) let out a sigh before turning his attention towards the cave again. Both of them decided to wait together. A new partnership is about to be formed by the bee lover and the monster hunter.

~~

"OMG. I love that look. Interesting choice of date though. Guess he beats (Y/N) to it." Enid said as she approached her roommate by the refreshments stand.

"It was Thing's idea. And what makes you think (Y/N) would attend any of this? His maturity is clearly beyond almost everyone in this place." Wednesday countered back before looking behind Enid.

"I could say the same about yours." Lucas Walker approached the duo. "Wednesday. I come in peace." The boy said raising his hand defensively.

"A shame. I would have preferred you in pieces instead." Lucas's face dropped. "Don't worry about him. (Y/N)'s already gave him a piece of his mind." "(Y/N)'s the threatening kind, but I'm the torture kind. It could go both ways though." The pair leave the raven girl after the statement.

Xavier approached Wednesday giving her a piece of his mind about Tyler.

~~

In the wood, as (Y/N) was still waiting for any potential suspect, Eugene begins his recording.

"Eugene Ottinger here. 2100 hours. No signs of target or any suspicious individual."

"What are you doing?" (Y/N) looked at the boy confused by his antics."I'm recording. Every detective did this. Here say something." Eugene click on the recorder holding it in front of the confused (Y/N).

"Uh. Hey. I didn't even know what to say. Umm. If any of you who's listening to this recording could mean that both us got lost or dead. So, in case you don't hear from us again, good morning, good afternoon, good night and good bye." *Click. Eugene stopped the recording looking at (Y/N) with a worried eyes.

"What?" he asks the boy. "You're not afraid of dying do you? I wish I have half of your confidence." Eugene's eyes began to water up.

"It's not that I'm not afraid of dying. I just want to live with my fullest. It's just that we're facing the unknown here, and chances of us being safe is about fifty-fifty." (Y/N) says crossing his arm.

"Then why the sad speech?" Eugene asks the taller male. "Living and dying, is also part of being human. How you live and how you die, that's the real issue."

A moment of silence between the two before (Y/N) put his hands on Eugene's shoulders. Looking at his teary eyes. "If anything happened, run as fast as you can. Don't look back. You hear me?" Eugene lightly nodded his head. Both the boys turn their attention towards the cave awaiting further movements.

"So tell me about yourself. For a kid like you, your loves for bugs is, something." (Y/N) says trying to ease up the little fella.

"I'm not afraid of bugs, but I do find them, normal. Just normal." "The hives lives isn't for everyone. Other than me, Wednesday is the only member of the hummers. The key to deal with them, especially bees, is to remain calm."