Part 17 The Gates.

(Y/N) makes his way through Nevermore Academy until he reaches the private art studio owned by the school's artist, Xavier Thorpe.

Loud music can be heard from outside the place to a certain extent.

*Thud. *Thud.

(Y/N) knocks on the door awaiting response. The music stopped and Xavier opened the door, much to his surprise.

"Hey." (Y/N) greet him slightly raising his hand.

"Are you lost again? You should really try out the Google Map's function." Xavier scoffed.

"I'm here for you actually. Can I come inside for a bit?" Xavier stepped aside allowing the shorter boy in before closing the door.

"Don't tell me your partner sent you to spy on me again?" Xavier sits on a round chair he took out from beneath his table.

"You're seriously buying into this whole partner's stuff ain't cha? All those glances during parents weekend weren't enough for you?"

"Just trying to make sure. What do you want from me? Some paintings?" (Y/N) chuckled at the remarks.

"Um, I wanna ask about the nightmare that's been haunting you."

"I thought you said it's memories." Xavier immediately fired back.

"She said it. Not me." (Y/N) raised both his hands trying to defend himself from the taller boy's accusations.

They looked at each other for a moment. Xavier let's out a big sigh before looking at (Y/N) again.

"It's like a warning or something. When it first started, it was the monster. Then I began dreaming about a lot of things. Like the school is on fire or something. The clearer it gets, the closer something tragic is about to happen."

"When did it first start?" (Y/N) asks the boy with a curious look.

"About two months ago. That's when.."

"People starts disappearing, hikers, travellers. Even Mrs. Bryce." (Y/N) cuts him off.

"So what is this about? Don't tell me after spending all those days locking yourself in Crackstone's Crypt started to give you nightmares too." Xavier let's out a chuckle.

"How did you know where I was?" (Y/N) furrowed his eyebrows at the revelation.

"Like you, I always go for a run. We passed each other several times before but you probably don't care. I saw you entering that place one morning looking like shit." Xavier says crossing his arm.

"That's the thing. Ever since I started staying there, I heard something. Or someone. I thought maybe you could tell me more about it." (Y/N) begin pacing around the place.

"What do you heard?" Xavier is intrigue by his statement.

"Screaming. He keeps on shouting "Let Me Out" inside my head. It's been everyday since I first stepped foot into the place. I could feel a hand grabbed my shoulder in my sleep sometimes."

"I'm sorry but I don't think I could help you with any of this. If you're a psychic, it could mean your powers out of control. But you're a normie. Either you're haunted by an outside spirit or you're losing your mind."

(Y/N) let's out a sigh. Both boys became silence.

The door to the studio opened causing both teens to shift their attention towards it. Wednesday lets herself in followed by Thing who's crawling on the floor.

"You got a question too?" Wednesday stopped her tracks standing besides (Y/N).

"You told me to find an expert. So here I am." (Y/N) says looking at the girl.